Thread: 200

Default 200

I played my 200th course this past weekend on my trip to Flyboy and the IDGC for the course designers conference!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=2675

Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

I'd love the chance to play flyboy. Did you enjoy it? How was the conference?
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

Flyboy is quite possibly the most amazing course I've played. Highbridge is the most amazing complex. It's tough to compare the two of them and say one is better, but those are definitely the two best places to play with the IDGC not far behind. I haven't been to Selah Ranch though.

The conference was excellent. Chuck Kennedy had a session about quantifying what makes a good hole and making sure it's appropriate for the skill level you're designing for. It's amazing how good and how smart that guy is, I think I could listen to him talk for hours. John Houck gave a walking tour of WR Jackson talking about his decision making process and lots of interesting design related things. There were lots of other presenters that talked about things like the construction process, sustainability, statistical data to determine what is skill and what is luck.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

"statistical data to determine what is skill and what is luck"

Thread Information