Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A call to all Flyers

LDGC Public Relations

Let me share how doubles league (action) played down here this morning

We all paid $9 to play dubs at redan (this Sunday 10 am action has been played for 25? years. ..same guy running it)

So the game is $5 payout...4 ctps, hole 16 cup is doubled

today there were 36 players...The game paid out 5 spots and 3 guys won $36 for their ctp another guy cashed $72 on a 200 foot hole ctp....wow....This payout format works wonders

We finished by 1230...14 guys stuck around for Rd 2... $10...5 ctps... $14 a ctp

Sounds like leagues there are huge. 36 people! Does the club take a cut before payouts?

LDGC Public Relations

No cut...but also no club...Atlanta is interesting there is the Atlanta Disc Golf Organization...they operate a Facebook and website and bag tags...but that's about it....then there are 4-5 regional clubs surrounding the metro area....There are also 2-3 disc golf stores...All of these different groups run action (leagues) and tournaments

Hey guys. I know I've been out of the scene for a while (buying a house having babies etc...). I think the LDGC does a great job in most aspects of the LDG realm. I know for me that more courses is a good sign of growth. It means that there will be more people to draw from for participation and support. I know that it has been difficult for my wife and I to play here lately because the closest course is 30 minutes away. If we had a course in Charlestown we would play more often and would be more inclined to stay in tune with the club.

On a side note. I haven't heard anything on the C-Town course development. Anyone else heard anything? I am going to talk to the mayor and see where he is unless someone else is already working on this.
    Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

Bassmanatum, I've wondered what happened to you. I miss the stories of discs recovered by your amazing dog.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

That whole area of the state is starving for courses. There is not one single course east of Seviren Lang and the little nine-holer in Scottsburg and pretty much south of I-70 all the way to the Ohio state line.
    I know it's out of our area but the state park in Versailles would be a perfect place.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

The mayor of Charlestown seemed interested but then wouldn't return calls. Roger and I kept calling for months and left numerous messages. So I guess he isn't that interested.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Won't hurt to try, Dustin. You know the guy anyway, don't you?

Yes, please give him a nudge and I'll reach out to him again, can't hurt to keep asking.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Roger had a tournament at the Charlestown State Park several years ago (it was like the 2nd tournament I ever played in, so it must have been about 7 or 8 years ago,) with temporary baskets. If the mayor is still interested maybe we could do something like that out there again and use it as a fundraiser.

Thread Information