Thread: Near miss from wind damage

Default Near miss from wind damage

I went to Seviren today and wondered what kind of mess I'd find after the winds. There were a few things here and there but nothing major except on hole #1. There's a fairly big tree (probably as big around as a football if not a bit bigger and somewhere around 30' or 40' tall,) that snapped in half, just missing the basket. In reality, I can't see any possible way it didn't hit the basket as it's about an inch away from it but it didn't damage it. The tree was pin-high to the left near where the path to #2 is. It snapped about 15'-20' from the ground and fell towards the basket. It also hit one of the thinner trees near the basket breaking it in half as well. That tree is probably about 8' or so now, but it's nothing but trunk so it'll be dead.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

LDGC Public Relations

Lucky basket....maybe the hole has opened up some to move the basket fyrther back now...in the middle of the island lined with branches

The bigger tree that came down is well left of the basket so that wouldn't have any effect on it and the thinner one only came about halfway down but I don't know it it would really make a difference either. Besides, I haven't aced that hole yet so it doesn't need to move back yet.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusGresham View Post
    I went to Seviren today and wondered what kind of mess I'd find after the winds. There were a few things here and there but nothing major except on hole #1. There's a fairly big tree (probably as big around as a football if not a bit bigger and somewhere around 30' or 40' tall,) that snapped in half, just missing the basket. In reality, I can't see any possible way it didn't hit the basket as it's about an inch away from it but it didn't damage it. The tree was pin-high to the left near where the path to #2 is. It snapped about 15'-20' from the ground and fell towards the basket. It also hit one of the thinner trees near the basket breaking it in half as well. That tree is probably about 8' or so now, but it's nothing but trunk so it'll be dead.
    Jim will be out there with his chainsaw !!

Thread Information