Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Course ratings

LDGC Public Relations

Have you reviewed and rated your favorite local courses?

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Have you reviewed and rated your favorite local courses?
    The only problem there is when the people rating their local courses are only aware of their local courses and have no point of reference to compare. That's why you see the two Indianapolis courses, Brookside and Washington, #18 & 21 respectively. I'd venture to say the people who play those on a regular basis don't often (or ever) make it outside of 465 to compare them to anything else.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusGresham View Post
    The only problem there is when the people rating their local courses are only aware of their local courses and have no point of reference to compare. That's why you see the two Indianapolis courses, Brookside and Washington, #18 & 21 respectively. I'd venture to say the people who play those on a regular basis don't often (or ever) make it outside of 465 to compare them to anything else.
    I think this is the exact reason why Armco White is in the top 10. Many of the higher-rated reviews on this course are from people who have played/reviewed 5 courses or less, and most of them have never played courses such as the ones in BG so the only point of reference that these people have are the other (lacking) courses in eastern Ky and/or WV.

If you filter Armco White to only trusted reviewers, it's rating goes from 3.71 to 3.13, which would drop it's ranking in the state from #9 to #36. That's much more accurate.

Thread Information