Thread: Fun Farm

Default Fun Farm

Has anyone been to fun farm lately? Their website has the price of playing the course at $10 and also $5. $10 seems a little steep.

I haven't been since winter. $5.oo is steep since they do nothing to keep up the course. When a bunch of times it was $5 then once this kid said $5.50 then i went after that & the owner was like $5. I told him how last time the kid charged me $5.50. Not bitching over .50 just how i felt someone was steeling $ if that's not the price.

This area has plenty good free courses not to have to give them your $ to play
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

Yes, I believe the price has gone up to $10. I recently heard the wooded holes were not in very good condition, but I haven't seen them myself to verify that. If that's the case it's too bad, it is a great course.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

I played it last fall. It was $5 then. We played two rounds. I love the layout. It's a workout to play it. Unfortunately, the grass was tall, but not so tall you couldn't find a disc. The woods were not too bad, but you could tell he didn't spend much time with up-keep.

If you are going to be in indiana and plan on playing SL, then I would say it's worth the extra 15 minute drive to play the course.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

I agree Mark.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

I've played the course about a year ago and just had the urge to play it again. It is a shame that they charge 10 bucks now, do they think its idlewild caliber course or something!
    Last edited by Atvizory2000; 07-18-2013 at 06:53 AM.

BOYCOTT FUN FARM

lol they want more $ for a course they never keep up.
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

I would have to agree that the woods area is pretty bad. Last time I went was last year with Daniel and Tommy. The holes outside of the woods were fine in terms of grass was cut and such. In the woods was terrible. Everything was overgrown and there were tons of ticks. I think Tommy may have only gotten one, but between Daniel and I we picked about a total of 20 off ourselves. It was just constant. Had to keep checking (and usually finding) after every hole. It is for that reason that I have no desire to go back. In terms of the course itself, I do enjoy playing it.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

Thread Information