Thread: Take a second and check out dgcoursereview.com

Hybrid View

LDGC Public Relations

Default Take a second and check out dgcoursereview.com

Take a second and write a review and rate our local courses..

Charlie Vettiner - currently 46 reviews...4.10/5 rating...421 played...62 favorited...110 wishlisted
    http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1105

Seviren Lang - currently 24 reviews..4.08/5 rating...169 played...24 favorited..73 wishlisted
    http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4276

Iroquois - currently 21 reviews...3.67/5 rating...265 played...16 favorited...45 wishlisted
    http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3811

Buffalo Trace - currently 20 reviews...3.55/5 rating...128 played...15 favorited...34 wishlisted
    http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1047

When I started reviewing courses made me think about aspects of courses I had not previously considered. It provided a good mental exercise breaking down different aspects of courses and is how I learned to differentiate between a courses I liked and courses that are challenging.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

So this must be a hot topic. I'll answer a few of my most asked questions.

Why don't you write reviews?
    Answer: I tend to think most reviews are boring and bland, all courses have things we like or dislike when playing courses and we all have different scales on how we rate a course due to these factors, what fly's my disc may not fly yours. I'll never write a review due to this, I'd much rather list the courses I've played in the order I like them most, and I only favorite one's that I wish were in my backyard.

How then do you decide on what new courses to play:
    Answer: I never look at the reviews, but instead base this on the following criteria: distance from location I'm going; pictures - if a course has poor pictures up I am less likely to play; and the local forums for that area - the locals always know what shape the course is currently in and possible meet ups (I've meet a lot of great people this way).

My top 10 Course list (this is as of today, will need updating after this summer due to 10 more planned states and numerous courses hit):
    1. Nockamixon State Park - PA
    2. The BEAR - Highbridge Hills - WI
    3. Charlie Vettiner - HOME AWAY FROM HOME
    4. Terrace Creek - WA
    5. Idlewild - KY
    6. Blue Ribbon Pines - MN
    7. SeaTac - WA
    8. Woodland Greens - Highbridge- WI
    9. Muldraugh - KY
    10. Blueberry, Gold, Or Granite Ridge - Highbridge - WI

Answer: I tend to think most reviews are boring and bland, all courses have things we like or dislike when playing courses and we all have different scales on how we rate a course due to these factors, what fly's my disc may not fly yours.

I agree to some extent, but you can generally tell what is and what is not a well-written review. I use them to determine what the course may be in regards to skill-level needed to play the course. For instance, I've never played Idlewild even though I'm sure it's a great course because I have a pretty good idea it would just piss me off.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Why don't you write reviews?
    Answer: Cause I'm lazy.

I like this whole expressing why we don't write reviews thing.

LDGC Public Relations

I wish dgcr would allow one to rate a course without a review but they don't. A review doesn't have to say much, I can see why you wouldn't repeat what others have said, but you could come up with just a single pro and con and call it good. Then you can rate the course. The top rated courses in the country only need a few rated reviews.

Thread Information