Thread: Driving to patoka

Default Driving to patoka

Thinking about going to play patoka lake this weekend. Does anyone know how long it takes to get there fro downtown Louisville? Mapquest had 1 hour 15 min but wondering what the real time is including some possible speeding lol

I always reduce the estimated time by like 10-20% so I would guess it's closer to an hour from downtown Louisville.

I believe it takes me right at an hour from my house in New Albany and google maps says 1 hour 13 minutes.

I want to get out to Patoka again, but I'm going to wait for better conditions at Dubois and hit them both up.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

I drive to the Ville all of the time and I live about 15 mins west of the course, exactly on the other side of the lake. And it takes me an hour and 15 mins to get downtown. So I'd say right at an hour to get to Patoka.

I wouldn't speed on 37 from the Interstate to highway 164, just a local looking out for ya. The cops love to sit on that road looking for speeders coming and going from French Lick. Generally it is a red Camaro FYI. It's easy to go 70-80 on that road after getting off of the interstate.

I should be out there sometime on Saturday, haven't played forever and curious if the recent wind storms did any damage that needs cleaned up. All the locals are friendly so feel free to have a chat.

If you get lucky the gate might even be closed.

No kidding on the speeding tickets, as many who passed me sitting off the side of the road after last winter's Collabo Cup can verify (got out of it in the end, though!)
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Is the gate closed this time of year? Meaning no fee to enter.

Yes, I believe that's what he's saying.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Yes it generally doesn't open until around March 1st, if the weather is REALLY nice they seem to open earlier, but yes I highly doubt there will be a gate fee this weekend.

Thread Information