Since I am unable to attend tonight:

Where do we stand with the 501 (c) Status:

At this point in time we are nearing the filing to become a LLC (Limited liability corporation).
Why does the club need to do this?

Found the following and it explains and LLC the best:
"The best and most basic way to understand an LLC is to think of it as a regular partnership, but all of the partners have full limited-liability protection. This means that the partners (the members) aren't personally responsible for the actions or debts of the company. This is huge! LLCs are more official than regular partnerships in that you have to form them with the state, and you can raise financing by selling off pieces of the company (the membership interests). But when all is said and done, LLCs were made to be easy. They are easy to understand and easy to run. Not to mention, if you make a mistake, the consequences aren't as dire as they would be with a corporation."

After this step we will begin to file various documents and forms in accordance with State and Federal law. Many of these documents are drafted, just waiting on final details that will be added as filed items are approved.

We have completed 6 of the 12 steps complete or waiting on final approval, with various other forms needed waiting on final details as documents are filed.

Time frame you may ask: Filing/submitting to commence within 3 weeks, and regularly thereafter as documents are approved.

Community outreach:

What does this position mean to me and what are my goals for this position:
GOALS:
*establish relationships with various organizations that help others and find out how LDGC could best lend a helping hand
*run an ICE BOWL IN 2013
*organize a volunteer group to help in the event a disaster occurs within our community and they need manual labor, or run a tournament to benefit the area in need
*help spread the word that disc golf is a great team building activity

I love this position as I get to help others that may have other wise went without through a game I love. This may not be the long answer you expected but its also the reason why I love being a part of this club, as we are a group of people from all over that come together for the love of a game.

Tossing a lid and having fun while making a difference.