Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 / 13 SNOW GLOBE league SCHEDULE

All i know is the amount of mulligans given to the odd player out or AM / AM team has been an on going concern since last years winter leagues.

Something has to be done. I'm shocked to here " pros " saying that's to many mulligans & at the same time telling AMs to step up their game.

How about i give the Am / AM team 1 mulligan per hole & the odd player out gets 2 mulligans per hole & the " pros " step up their game while we AMs learn & enjoy playing while being stuck in our situation.
    Last edited by Mike_D; 02-20-2013 at 07:14 PM.
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

Mulligans are lame, plain and simple. Not sure why you are shocked to hear that. Mulligans take away from the integrity of the game and makes for slower play. They also cause someone to lose focus on their current shot, knowing they have a mulligan to throw next. Maybe instead of worrying about this so much you go outside and putt or go to a field and throw some practice shots.

If you decide to implement your idea, I'm sure you will see even less pros playing leagues. Sometimes the best way to learn something is to get beat, knowing you have to do better next time to save some face.
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

This is a lose lose topic. Mike I see where your coming from being a L.D. and wanting to make things fair, but in reality no matter what decision you make on this, not everyone will be happy nor agree. You must do what you think is best. At CV I do 1 mully for Pro's and 2 for Ams plus shorts when needed and will even allow the AM a 3rd on 16. But since the Winter travels, make your decision on the course for the day.

LDGC Public Relations

As blind random draw is not done here at leagues (like otter, everyone in the same pool) I suggest instead of an a pool and a b pool - you run a, b, and c pools

A - top players
    C - newest and lowest players
    B - everyone in between

Then
    A players team up with C players
    B players team up with B players
    On the odd side you may end up with a a/b team or a b/c team

Mulligans are fine during doubles for an am playing alone as they need a partners shots

2 ams together shouldn't get mulligans...

It's

LDGC Public Relations

As some of the guys stated above....two ams should learn to play to their strengths maybe it means more laying up, playing smart...get par....sure its not quite as exciting but its part of the challenge of golf

I think.we should go back to pros paid cash and ams paid plastic...this gives an incentive for players to move from the b pool to the a pool

This Sunday
    S.L.
    Singles
    2pm

LDGC Public Relations

I will have prodigy proto d1 and d4s for sale ...all proceeds will go towards Louisville disc golf 2013

Buy one for $25 and you can cover your 2013 ldgc membership dues and save $5 on the upcoming Louisville classic 4 and more tournaments to come.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    As some of the guys stated above....two ams should learn to play to their strengths maybe it means more laying up, playing smart...get par....sure its not quite as exciting but its part of the challenge of golf

I think.we should go back to pros paid cash and ams paid plastic...this gives an incentive for players to move from the b pool to the a pool
    Martin has a good point here. Play smart to get better scores and pros cash/ams plastic.

IMO if you come to leagues with the idea that you must leave with a prize, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. On the other hand, if you come out to enjoy the day, the game and hanging with some friends. You will enjoy the experience much more. Allow me to use myself as an example. I don't consider myself a pro or an am, but somewhere between. I like to play against the pros, but have seldom cashed, but my goal is to cash more often. Try looking at this from the pros perspective. If a pro has a solid partner, they have a better chance of winning. Its not always how good the pro is. Its how good the team is.
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

Buy one for $25 and you can cover your 2013 ldgc membership dues and save $5 on the upcoming Louisville classic 4 and more tournaments to come.[/QUOTE]

Wow! That sounds like a deal. Count me in. I should be at SL on Sunday.
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

See you all out at S.L. disc golf course today at 2pm for a great day of singles play. pro & am with pay outs in both. $200.oo ace pool as well to be had

Thread Information