Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you played them all?

Quote Originally Posted by jobwilson82 View Post
    There are very few courses I won't play. The main reasons I won't play a course are that it is in a less than desirable part of town or there are other, better courses in that town. The fact of the matter is, regardless if it is small 9 hole beginner course or a 5+ course complex, someone has put a lot of time into that course, from the very beginning getting it approved, to the clearing and install, and all the way past into the upkeep. In a lot of smaller communities, that little 9 hole course is all they have and someone is very proud of that course.
    I agree Job, especially with the first sentence. I've never run across a course I won't play. Sure, some courses might not be as challenging or as long as others, but if I have time and am in the area, I'll never willing skip a course.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusGresham View Post
    Any news on Paoli, or were you a part of that?
    Yeah I need to get with the guy, it's private land, but he is very interested.

I play Linza Graham 3-4 times a week because it's the only course within 30+ miles from me. I usually don't even take my bag just and over and understable roc and a putter. The parks department in scottsburg keeps the park clean and well maintained and there are enough low ceiling trees to make the course fun. There are tee signs but no teepads and nice dga baskets. You can easily play the holes 50-100ft longer than they are. I change the holes every time I play it and have a good time doing it. I'd recommend it to anyone passing through or just wanting to get out and play something different. I'm also currently talking to the parks administrator about adding 9 holes because there is plenty of room not being used. If there was more course traffic we could easily have another 18 hole course in scottsburg.

That's good to hear. It looks like there is enough room in the woods around the park to easily accommodate another 9 holes. If there's anything the club can do to help out just let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by James is Rad View Post
    I play Linza Graham 3-4 times a week because it's the only course within 30+ miles from me. I usually don't even take my bag just and over and understable roc and a putter. The parks department in scottsburg keeps the park clean and well maintained and there are enough low ceiling trees to make the course fun. There are tee signs but no teepads and nice dga baskets. You can easily play the holes 50-100ft longer than they are. I change the holes every time I play it and have a good time doing it. I'd recommend it to anyone passing through or just wanting to get out and play something different. I'm also currently talking to the parks administrator about adding 9 holes because there is plenty of room not being used. If there was more course traffic we could easily have another 18 hole course in scottsburg.
    That whole area of the state is in need of courses. From Louisville up to about Indianapolis there's nothing except Linza Graham in Scottsburg and a little 5-hole course in Rushville east of I-65 until you get up to around I-70. Then you cross the state line and Ohio has tons of courses.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

LDGC Public Relations

there are a slew of courses all just south of indy...not counting bloomingtons crestmont or the ball golf course indian springs where you can rent a golf cart

Indian springs is nice. For 12 bucks you play 18 holes and drive a golf cart.

I just played Indian Springs for the first time a few weeks ago. What a great course, it's like a mini Old English! It has a great mixture of long par 4+ holes and also some birdieable par 3 holes. Definitely worth checking out if you're passing by.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    there are a slew of courses all just south of indy...not counting bloomingtons crestmont or the ball golf course indian springs where you can rent a golf cart
    Yeah, but I'm talking about the southeastern part of the state. There's nothing.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Thread Information