Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you played them all?

No way would i travel close to 50 miles just to play a 9 hole course. Don't even think i would hit it up if i was passing by either. I feel i have played all of the greater Louisville courses including Jims
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

Quote Originally Posted by Atvizory2000 View Post
    Haven't played harry hill or patoka yet. Really want to play payola because I've heard its an awesome coarse. Some like it more than Severin Lang and in my opinion that's the best coarse in the Louisville area
    Not sure when they close the toll booth, but I'm pretty sure during the winter you don't have to pay the $5 to get in at Patoka.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

That sounds right. ScottyB would definitely know if he's around.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

LDGC Public Relations

Don't knock 9 hole courses...I haven't played linza or harry hill yet but plan to

Some 9 holers are great, some have dual pads which practically make them 18 hole layouts

When I played courses around southern indy I played 5 nine holers some were beginners, some were okay, and one was awesome in some ways better then a few of the 18 holers I played

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    That sounds right. ScottyB would definitely know if he's around.
    They usually stop collecting the gate fee after the Halloween weekends, generally early November. If the weather is nice though you might fine them out on a weekend on occasion, but after Halloween I would say it closes (along with the Marina's).

If your in the area hit me up, I live on the other side of the lake, so its about 15 mins away and I have a pass.

I don't know I'd go as far as saying Patoka Lake is better than Sevrien because it's a beast in it's own right. I am partial to it, as I should be, but comparing courses has never been my thing! Give it a try, hopefully there will be another course inside the gates of Patoka soon, WITH WATER!!
    Last edited by scottyb; 09-21-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Don't knock 9 hole courses...I haven't played linza or harry hill yet but plan to

Some 9 holers are great, some have dual pads which practically make them 18 hole layouts

When I played courses around southern indy I played 5 nine holers some were beginners, some were okay, and one was awesome in some ways better then a few of the 18 holers I played
    One of the nicest courses I've played is in Mason, Ohio (right by Kings Island,) and it's a 9-hole course.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    They usually stop collecting the gate fee after the Halloween weekends, generally early November. If the weather is nice though you might fine them out on a weekend on occasion, but after Halloween I would say it closes (along with the Marina's).

If your in the area hit me up, I live on the other side of the lake, so its about 15 mins away and I have a pass.

I don't know I'd go as far as saying Patoka Lake is better than Sevrien because it's a beast in it's own right. I am partial to it, as I should be, but comparing courses has never been my thing! Give it a try, hopefully there will be another course inside the gates of Patoka soon, WITH WATER!!
    Any news on Paoli, or were you a part of that?

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I don't know I'd go as far as saying Patoka Lake is better than Sevrien
    Oh I would. Patoka is in my top 5 courses, probably my favorite in the area. It's fun factor is off the charts.
    Definitely worth the trip the trip from Louisville, Evansville, Indy...
    (No offense to Martin & Adam of course - Seviren is great in its own right. I just feel that strongly about Patoka.)

Also, Mike... your comment of "I wouldn't travel 50 miles for a 9 hole" comment really irked me. A great course is a great course, regardless of the number of holes.

There are very few courses I won't play. The main reasons I won't play a course are that it is in a less than desirable part of town or there are other, better courses in that town. The fact of the matter is, regardless if it is small 9 hole beginner course or a 5+ course complex, someone has put a lot of time into that course, from the very beginning getting it approved, to the clearing and install, and all the way past into the upkeep. In a lot of smaller communities, that little 9 hole course is all they have and someone is very proud of that course.

So don't crap on someone's hard work because it's not up to your "18 hole standards".
    Last edited by jobwilson82; 09-21-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Iroquois - Yes
    Charlie Vettiner - Yes

Seviren Lang - Yes
    Buffalo Trace - Yes
    Fun Farm - No
    Patoka Lake - Yes
    Linza Graham - No

Meade Olin - Yes
    Otter Creek - Yes
    Muldraugh - Yes
    Radcliff - Yes
    Freeman Lake - Yes (First time this past Tuesday)
    Graham Memorial - No
    Harry Hill - No

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusGresham View Post
    One of the nicest courses I've played is in Mason, Ohio (right by Kings Island,) and it's a 9-hole course.
    I highly recommend this course as well. Thick rough makes it challenge, variety of shots, and some pretty scenes. I will play this course anytime I'm in the area.

I have not played Harry Hill but have heard a lot of great things about it. Being nine holes I would try to play more than one round to make the drive worthwhile.

The number of holes makes no difference to me because I love the sport.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Thread Information