Thread: Bowling Green courses were virtually unused this weekend

Default Bowling Green courses were virtually unused this weekend

It was kind of strange. I went to BG for the weekend with a buddy who is pretty new to dg. We played Basil Griffin early friday afternoon. We were the only people on the course.

In the evening, we played Phil Moore. Again, the only players on the course until we reached hole 15 and there was a 3 some on 2.

Saturday morning at Lover's Lane. Again, no one there from beginning to end. I think the slight rain may have been a factor. I played Preston Miller after lunch. No one on the course and the weather was nice. We played Kereiakes that night and only saw a threesome, a boyfriend and gf together, and a single on the course.

Sunday morning at Holler in the Hills. No one but us.

I really expected more people playing, but I guess with so many courses in the area there are too many choices for a course to get too crowded. Must be nice.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

I experienced the same thing when I went to Cincy. I played Mt. Airy and there was only one other person playing when I started. More showed up when I was leaving to hit up the next course though. I played Harbin, Surge, and Gardner all by myself. I teamed up with three locals at Mason Spings and we were the only ones there at the time. Winton Woods on the other hand was packed. I guess this is common when there are a ton of courses to choose from.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

That would be so nice to have that many courses available. One day... hopefully!
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    I experienced the same thing when I went to Cincy. I played Mt. Airy and there was only one other person playing when I started. More showed up when I was leaving to hit up the next course though. I played Harbin, Surge, and Gardner all by myself. I teamed up with three locals at Mason Spings and we were the only ones there at the time. Winton Woods on the other hand was packed. I guess this is common when there are a ton of courses to choose from.
    In cincy (and I'd guess any other place, too), the easy courses get overrun while the more challenging courses are a ghost town. For example, Boone Woods (before renovation) and Winton Woods were both WAY OVERUSED. Horribly so. Idlewild on the other hand, just a few miles from Boone, is virtually empty, with maybe one or two other cards there. It happens. "Super casual" players tend to the easier courses like IQ here. In the beginning here, OCP and IQ would be packed but CV empty for the same reason.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

LDGC Public Relations

louisville needs more "casual" courses - if the sport is to grow it needs more casual players to jump on board

i played 8 new courses all around the south/west side of Indy on Friday - only saw a few golfers all day - cool experience to see a variety of different course layouts from 6 hole courses - to 9 holes, 9 holes with dual pads, to 18 holers - golf for all skill levels

Martin, I should have Dave Scott's money today or tomorrow.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

Thread Information