Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great things coming real soon.....

Paoli could be phenomenal if you end up with the right tract of land. When you hear "rolling hills of southern Indiana," that personifies Orange County and you could have some great elevation changes, not to mention there are tons of little streams running through the area.

As for Harrison County, I was just sitting down in the parking lot at South Harrison Park and imagining the possibilities. There are tons of woods there---about 3 or 4 different patches of woods that could allow for great holes and maybe some open holes between the patches of woods (I'm beginning to prefer wooded holes just because of the shade!) For those who've never been there, (and that's probably just about everyone,) it's kind of a Buffalo Trace without the lake. There are 3 or 4 softball/little league fields there and a swimming pool, and then there is a camping area like BT. For selfish reasons I'm hoping for a course at Hayswood Park in Corydon first but SHP can be great, too.
    Get an expanded Buffalo, two other new courses in the county, and we have the option of a BIG tournament like BG Ams because you could use Corydon as the hub and you'd have a course in town (Hayswood,) one two or three miles outside of town (Fun Farm, if you want to use it,) South Harrison about 10 or 15 miles to the southeast, Buffalo Trace 15 miles north, Seviren Lang about that far to the east, and Meade Olin and Otter Creek 15/20 miles to the south.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Buffalo Chip

Once the courses at SHP and Hayswood go in the board wants exactly that a tournament for Harrison County,which would be buffalo trace, south Harrison park and Hayswood. They seem very on board for a huge tournament in the future for their parks. A lot of work to get these courses in but over time we are going to have a plethora of awesome courses with an hour away. I hate to talk a lot about it not to jinx us but it sounds like the sky is the limit

Is Hayswood (if we get it) going on the other side of the creek from the main part of the park? I don't know who has been over there wandering around other than me, but it's sweet. I waded through the creek one day to get over there before they'd opened the bridge.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with Hayswood Park, Indian Creek, which runs through Corydon, runs through the park. As far as most people knew, the creek was the border of the park, but in reality the park also owns a huge batch of land on the other side of it which was basically inaccessible for years unless you wanted to wade across the stream, which isn't deep but is probably 80-100 feet across or more. There was an old iron bridge across Blue River that needed replacing because it wasn't strong enough for cars and farm equipment, but was so old that a group paid to preserve it. It was taken down, fixed up, repainted, and put in as a walking bridge at Hayswood, so now there is access to that side. Other than the walking trail, however, there isn't anything over there. Some of it is wooded, some of it open. I honestly think there is enough over there to have close to if not a complete 18, but it might be fun to have it on both sides of the creek so you get to walk over the bridge.
    I'd love to be a tour guide if you guys wanted to look at it some day. I already have ideas myself, but I'm sure a bunch of other people would too.

OK, I had to go over to the building where the parks office is located (sadly, neither Ron Swanson or Leslie Knope were available,) and talked for a couple of minutes to Claudia, the woman in charge, and just like Shawn said, the board is in favor of everything. She said as far as Hayswood is concerned, both sides of the creek are fair game.
    I know there are some woods on the main side that are set to be a nature preserve forever and aren't to be used, but that really won't matter with the amount of other available land.
    She said that really the only thing needed is someone to spearhead the fundraising.
    Anybody wants to look at it all just let me know.

LDGC Public Relations

Im interested

Buffalo Chip

Way I understand the parks will pay for Hayswood& South Harrsion Park. We need to come up with funds for BUFFALO

Quote Originally Posted by G1nked View Post
    Once the courses at SHP and Hayswood go in the board wants exactly that a tournament for Harrison County,which would be buffalo trace, south Harrison park and Hayswood. They seem very on board for a huge tournament in the future for their parks. A lot of work to get these courses in but over time we are going to have a plethora of awesome courses with an hour away. I hate to talk a lot about it not to jinx us but it sounds like the sky is the limit
    Can anyone say worlds??? hee hee hee! Expand BT's course and make the most of the new ones and watch out!

It's great to hear that they're really behind you guys. I hope I feel good enough to help and then play them...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

I mentioned how you guys had done such a great job creating the temp holes at BT that a lot of the work was kind of done and she said one of the only things they were worried about is the safety of the walkers. I know the first temp hole was along the path but really you could see anyone coming. The only hole where there should be any real danger of hitting someone who can't see you (or vice versa) is the dam hole.

I agree safety is very important, but just because the first temp hole was there doesn't mean that's where the permanent hole has to be.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Martin and I are probably going to go take a look at the land tomorrow around 1:00 or 1:30. If anyone else wants to come that's cool. If you're coming from Louisville or that area you'd probably want to get with him.

Thread Information