Thread: Possible new course site in Louisville?

Default Possible new course site in Louisville?

Hey all,

There is a brand new park that is still in the early construction phase right now. It's Beckley Station Park and it's only a mile or so from my new house. It looks like a pretty good place for a course, as it's on the grounds of a former sod farm (the one you see on the right, just off 64 just past the Snyder going to Lexington.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I would LOVE to do whatever is necessary (talking to people, doing proposals, etc) to try and get a course in. However, I need some tutoring as to what to do. I don't want to step on toes at all. I just would like to help out and try and get a course in at this new and state-of-the-art park.

Please let me know either here or by PM and maybe we can get something going!

Daniel
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

It looks like this is part of the 21st Century Parks from what I read here. Dave has been talking with them for years and we are supposed to get a course in one of their parks, but it's not part of their plan for a couple more years.

At the last meeting we mentioned about getting some people together to start working on getting a new courses in Louisville and plan get things moving at our next meeting. If you or anyone else is interested in helping with that, be sure to attend our fall meeting. All focus has been on the Masters until now so keep an eye out for that meeting date, we'll schedule a date for it here in the next month.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Fair enough. I figured it was part of the 21st Cent Parks, as it's in that "265 corridor" that they have always mentioned. It just seems like a perfect place for one. If you're familiar with it, there's a park in Cincy almost identical to it (Turtle Creek?). It's the one that is North of Mt Airy on the same road. Very flat with a river running through it.

Anyway, I'll try and attend the meeting.
    Daniel

With as much park land as they will have, I'm sure there's room for a lot more than one course. But that will be something to talk to Dave about since he's been involved with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    With as much park land as they will have, I'm sure there's room for a lot more than one course. But that will be something to talk to Dave about since he's been involved with them.
    Oh, sorry! I was talking specifically about the Beckley Station Park.

I know Dave has been talking to LM for a long time about this. That's why I offered to talk (with guidance) to the "authorities" about this specific park. This specific location looks really, really nice for a course. Nice and secluded.
    Daniel

I understand and if Beckley Station is a 21st Century Park not a Metro Park like it seems from that article, then it is my understanding they want one course in all of Floyds Forks Parks, but not specifically in Beckley Station Park. Hopefully I'm wrong though and it never hurts to ask. But at any rate, Dave will be able to clear things up much better than I can with my limited knowledge on the subject.

I seen that park moving along well. Nice looking so far. Might be to late to get a course in but you never know
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    I seen that park moving along well. Nice looking so far. Might be to late to get a course in but you never know
    Yeah, it's getting close to finished but still has a way to go. I think it's scheduled grand opening is next spring or so. Even though CV is 7 minutes away, might as well try and fight for one that is 3-4 minutes!
    Daniel

Thread Information