Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts for BTO next year

LDGC Public Relations

I like the idea of two one days...lots of players and folks have chances to play one or the other or both

Weather sucked? I thought it was gonna be 80 and sunny. It was beautiful where I was. Too bad for yall I guess

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    I didn't participate this year but my vote is that 54 holes in one day is too much. Job's idea is legitimate; provided that there are enough volunteers to cover the two day extravaganza.
    Spreading the tournament over two days would maybe mean a need for a greater payout. Who wants to travel two days for a potential (hypothetical) five hundred dollars when if its the same the winnings doesn't change for a one dayer? How many people would pass on such a thing and how many would commit? Just wanted to throw that out there.
    My idea is that you play a one day 27 hole first round, 18 hole second round. This would depend on how many you want to pack on to the course. In all likelihood this will be shot down but it will provide not as long a day to everyone, no five packs, and a more focused second round from the serious competitors knowing they have less holes in which to make their moves.
    Or maybe have the 2-day portion 2 19-hole rounds and the second day 1 27-hole round. The 54 does kick my ass but Terry's temp holes are so sweet I don't care.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    I like the idea of two one days...lots of players and folks have chances to play one or the other or both

Weather sucked? I thought it was gonna be 80 and sunny. It was beautiful where I was. Too bad for yall I guess
    He was being sarcastic, Martin, it was the most absolutely flawless weather we've seen since probably March or April. The only possible complaint about weather anyone could have had was there was a breeze that toyed with some shots, but if that's the worst thing you have to say about the weather in early August you are pretty fortunate.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

I like the format the way it is. Travel is a big issue. If we did break it up into two days I would say 19 hole rounds for each day. Unless we do get some more permanent holes.

We do have an entire year to decide, so slow your roll.

Thanks again to everyone who came out. We had a great time and another successful tournament!
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

Administrator

Thanks everyone for there feedback! This most likely will not happen I just wanted to get everyone thoughts on it.

Buffalo Chip

id say two rounds of 19 max or with permanent holes only. hopefully we can raise enough funds to get in some more permanent baskets and then go from there. Terry we only have 11 months 3 weeks and 4 days now so dont be such a procrastinator!
    BUFFALO CHIPS

I liked it the way it was this year!! Temp Holes 110% better than last year....my vote keep it how it is!

I prefer the one dayers over two most of the time. I'm ok with Job's suggestion as far as a two day event goes though. I was a little bummed that I didn't get to play this event. I did hear that this years temp holes were nice and wish I could have seen them.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Thread Information