Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts for BTO next year

Hybrid View

Administrator

Default Thoughts for BTO next year

We're thinking about making the BTO a two day event next year. Not saying this is going to happen it just thoughts. I'm wondering if we did do this would you still play in it? Also do you think this would be a bad idea or a good idea? Another thing is if we did do this we would need a few people to volunteer time to help us do this.

I'd venture to say probably bad, only bcs of the location. Other than that, it would be a good idea, IMHO.

I just wish I could have made it to one of the one-days...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

I like the format how it is. The extra holes are much better than last years too. It would be nice if it was an A tier but I know that would be a tall task. Great job on a great tourney buffalo chipz!
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

I like2 days could be different play 2 Saturday 1 sunday I'm going to be there anyway. I always like more golf. The extra this year way better than last
    themick

What are the benefits to running it as a 2 Day tournament? I think the people you'd lose would outnumber those you gain.

Here's an idea: Mother of the Valley in Terre Haute was ran as two one-day tournaments with Adv/Rec playing on Saturday and Pro/Int on Sunday. Players who might be interested in playing both days can play two separate divisions (Adv on Saturday and Open on Sunday). You also are able to free up volunteers among those who don't want to play both days. I loved the format of offset divisions and thought the actual tournament was one of the best I have played in.

Quote Originally Posted by jobwilson82 View Post
    What are the benefits to running it as a 2 Day tournament? I think the people you'd lose would outnumber those you gain.

Here's an idea: Mother of the Valley in Terre Haute was ran as two one-day tournaments with Adv/Rec playing on Saturday and Pro/Int on Sunday. Players who might be interested in playing both days can play two separate divisions (Adv on Saturday and Open on Sunday). You also are able to free up volunteers among those who don't want to play both days. I loved the format of offset divisions and thought the actual tournament was one of the best I have played in.
    I agree Job. Although there is camping available at the course which is nice, some people are unable to get away from the wife and kids for 2 day tournaments. I prefer the idea of two single day tournaments also.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

I didn't participate this year but my vote is that 54 holes in one day is too much. Job's idea is legitimate; provided that there are enough volunteers to cover the two day extravaganza.
    Spreading the tournament over two days would maybe mean a need for a greater payout. Who wants to travel two days for a potential (hypothetical) five hundred dollars when if its the same the winnings doesn't change for a one dayer? How many people would pass on such a thing and how many would commit? Just wanted to throw that out there.
    My idea is that you play a one day 27 hole first round, 18 hole second round. This would depend on how many you want to pack on to the course. In all likelihood this will be shot down but it will provide not as long a day to everyone, no five packs, and a more focused second round from the serious competitors knowing they have less holes in which to make their moves.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    I didn't participate this year but my vote is that 54 holes in one day is too much. Job's idea is legitimate; provided that there are enough volunteers to cover the two day extravaganza.
    Spreading the tournament over two days would maybe mean a need for a greater payout. Who wants to travel two days for a potential (hypothetical) five hundred dollars when if its the same the winnings doesn't change for a one dayer? How many people would pass on such a thing and how many would commit? Just wanted to throw that out there.
    My idea is that you play a one day 27 hole first round, 18 hole second round. This would depend on how many you want to pack on to the course. In all likelihood this will be shot down but it will provide not as long a day to everyone, no five packs, and a more focused second round from the serious competitors knowing they have less holes in which to make their moves.
    Or maybe have the 2-day portion 2 19-hole rounds and the second day 1 27-hole round. The 54 does kick my ass but Terry's temp holes are so sweet I don't care.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

What you really need to do is get better weather. The weather during this year's
    tournament sucked. Other than not playing and not being there the only suggestion
    I have is pick a weekend when the weather is more suitable for disc golf.

Hahha. Captain opposite has struck!!
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Thread Information