Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worlds in Charlotte

Have played R. L. Smith, Hornets Nest and Kilborne the past two days. Decent rounds at RL Smith and Kilborne but poor at the Nest. I think I am in the top eight though so I will see If I can make a move and get my goal of top ten. The Great Shuffle is tonight though so we will see for sure where I am overall. No matter the outcome though it has been fun playing and seeing all the big names in disc golf in the same place.

Tied for 16th after the great shuffle. 2 strokes off 5th; 6 strokes off third and 12 off first. 3 rounds left and then a semi final of 72 people and a final 9 of 4 people if I can make it. Lets see if we can bring a world champ back to louisville.

Kind of bummed out. I shot fairly well today, but still ended up in the third pool. I was one stroke off being in the second pool and now because I'm in the third pool which is top of the bottom two pools, I have a 1:40 tee time for tomorrow. I don't like this because I like to wake up early, so I might as well shoot a round. I don't want to wait around to play. At least I'm still in it to cash. We'll see how the final three rounds play out.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

While waiting around for my tee time, I watched some of The Open Championship. Once again shot a 61 at R.L. Smith by shooting horrible on the front 9 and shooting a -2 on the back 9. Went to Mattie's Diner to eat. Had a delicious burger called the Cowboy which was a burger with bacon, bbq sauce, and onion rings. I also had one of their signature deserts which was a fried oreo sundae which is absolutely delicious and the reason we went since we heard about it from a friend. I then played bocce with discs in the parking lot across from our hotel with Daniel, Billy, Sammy, and Scott. We played best to 10 and I won that. Overall a pretty good day, just wish I would have shot better on the course. Last two rounds tomorrow. I'm right around 162 and my goal is top 150. I'm pretty sure I can achieve that.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

Just got back from Charlotte. Had a great time hanging with friends and many
    crazy disc golfers. My play was less than I desired. Oh well there is always the
    next tournament.
    Played with people from around the world and around the US which is always cool
    to see their take on the game.

Until next time.

Buffalo Chip

Sammy is still the man regardless in my book. Way to represent to all participants from the 502

To wrap up Worlds, I finished in 25th out of 288 advanced players and won $160 worth of merchandise which I could get from a couple different vendors. I wish I could have played better because I know I could. I still had fun though meeting lots of different disc golfers and playing some amazing courses. I will say you locals better watch out because I have learned a lot from this trip and will be ready for the next tournaments. I was also able to add a few new courses to my list of played courses as well.

That's top 10% and I'd feel pretty safe making a wager that you've been playing a hell of a lot less time than the people who beat you.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Thread Information