Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worlds in Charlotte

My day didn't start out too well, my car wouldn't start this AM. I had to have it towed to a shop where they replaced a battery and a sepentine belt. I rented a car because I didn't want to sit around all day and didn't know how long they would take to get it fixed. Now I have to walk up tomorrow morning and pick up my car and then take the rental back to the airport. Justin said he would follow me to the airport and bring me back to my hotel. I did manage to get a round in at Bradford Pk course. It was also a lot of fun to play, other than getting swarmed by some ground nesting yellow jackets. I was stung about a dozen times, but being the old pro I am, I carried on. I hope to get in 3 solid rounds in tomorrow and then just relax until Tues AM when things get started. Charlotte would be a great town to take a DG vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    My day didn't start out too well, my car wouldn't start this AM. I had to have it towed to a shop where they replaced a battery and a sepentine belt. I rented a car because I didn't want to sit around all day and didn't know how long they would take to get it fixed. Now I have to walk up tomorrow morning and pick up my car and then take the rental back to the airport. Justin said he would follow me to the airport and bring me back to my hotel. I did manage to get a round in at Bradford Pk course. It was also a lot of fun to play, other than getting swarmed by some ground nesting yellow jackets. I was stung about a dozen times, but being the old pro I am, I carried on. I hope to get in 3 solid rounds in tomorrow and then just relax until Tues AM when things get started. Charlotte would be a great town to take a DG vacation.
    Sounds like a rough day. Hopefully tomorrow you have some better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Charlotte would be a great town to take a DG vacation.
    Yes it is.

Here's my rant for the day:
    Woke up this morning to a wonderful buffet breakfast supplied by the hotel. Got the players pack which is pretty decent. Bought some discs and minis from the mobile store and bought a few more JK Aviars from the flymart at the events site at Renaissance. Had credit line problems, but got that all solved. Played Hornet's Nest and Winget and then chilled with Paul Priest and others at a pretty cool restaurant/bar that had ping pong, chess, cornhole, connect 4, and giant jynga. Overall a pretty good day besides the credit card problems. A longer rant then yesterday's, and probably not as interesting, but I'll keep 'em coming anyway.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

I love Charlotte! Today I drove a lot, hit some putts, threw some drives, lost
    $5 to Billy, watched Scott throw 400 foot stakers, ate some ok food, drank
    5 beers, saw a Greg Barsby Climo impersonation, got a speeding ticket,
    laughed tons and for the most part had a great time. Glad I have disc
    golf in my life.

Will report more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by captain plastic View Post
    got a speeding ticket
    Did you get it in NC when driving down. I got one last time coming to charlotte. NC is bad about that and the speed limit is never over 65.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDan914 View Post
    Did you get it in NC when driving down. I got one last time coming to charlotte. NC is bad about that and the speed limit is never over 65.
    That's good to know...we just went through there about a month ago (to Charleston, SC) and I never was below 80, especially through the mountains. Plus, gas was less than $3/gal!
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Got to practice the final two courses that we will play in the tournament today. On the last hole of our first round today at Angry Beaver, we played mob golf with a group of 7. I was part of the largest ever disc golf players meeting. It was kind of cheesy, but pretty cool. Ate dinner at Fuel Pizza downtown. Ready to start the tournament tomorrow. Kicking it off by playing one round at R.L. Smith. Pumped!

First round today was tee times, one round at R.L. Smith. There was a huge delay with tee times and we did not find out what ours were until 11:30 last night. My actual play was decent. On the back 9 I shot a -2, but I really botched the front nine and overall shot +7 for a 61. That was probably due to nerves and eventually I settled down. The flymart was awesome and I got many of the pros signatures and the rest I will still try and get throughout the week. Bring on rounds 2 and 3 tomorrow!

Played the first round at Sugaw. I seemed to be throwing well, but those little brushs and ticks of the limbs of the trees just killed me on about 6 holes. Plus 2 putts that hit the chains solid and bounced out. I shot a 64 on the first round, and came back from lunch with the mind set that I had to do better. Well I knocked off 8 strokes and shot a 56. We play again today at 2 at Idlewild. Must keep that same mind set today.

Played Renny Gold yesterday, Nevin and Bradford today. Pretty much
    stunk it up out there. Half way through and tons of room for improvement.
    Must play better. Weather has been hot, hot, hot.

Seen some great shots - playing with people from all over the world is
    very fun.
    Enjoy

Thread Information