Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worlds in Charlotte

Default Worlds in Charlotte

Well, I'm here at the hotel and about to go out and get a round in somewhere. They have this computer for guests so I will try to let you know how I'm doing or anything else interesting. Wish me luck, I'll need it.

Good luck Steve and anyone else who is from the area.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Hope to run into you over there Steve. I will be there on Sunday.

I got up early this AM and played a round at Eastway Park. It was a fun/tough course to play. As in all the courses I've played while here, you can tell the locals have put in ton of work to get the courses ready. They deserve a big "Attaboy". I then went to Sugaw Park. Another tough course! A lot of the holes are reachable even for me, but there are several that can really bite you if you don't watch what you're doing. My favorite today was Idlewild (not that Idlewild), very tight fairways, you must keep it in the clear. Holes 8 & 9 have water that comes into play. The lake is really down right now, but the area is still marked with OB markers. Nine is really tough cause your throwing over the lake and the basket is right on top of the dam. Go too far and your down about 25Ft behind the dam and if your short, you stand a good chance of rolling into the water. Tomorrow, I will head to Bradford Park, Hornets Nest and back to Idlewild. Sunday I plan to hit Sugaw, Bradford and Idlewild again. I will try to post something everday to let you all know a little about the 2012 Worlds.

Here's how Dan's and my day went:
    So we got drenched playing R.L. Smith today. Random thunderstorm rolled in on us as we were on hole 14. It was pretty badass! Also, tons of people here at the hotel. We rode the elevator with some people from Japan who questioned why we were so drenched. Talked to Dave Greenwell. On our ride here we played Morningside Disc Golf course in Knoxville. That's a nice course and I'd definitely take a day trip back to play there or would enjoy playing in a tournament there. Bums live on hole 2. I pissed right next to their camping spot. I may give a few more updates.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

Bradford is very similar to CV. Par 58 with reachable yet hard holes.
    Charlotte is disc golf superland!

I can't freakin wait for this. Updates a plenty coming up.
    We have Justin, Daniel, Steve, Dave, Sam, and I trying for world titles. Who am I missing?
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

I laughed about me trying for a world title. What's the chance of that? I'm tickled to have been invited, I'm going to play hard and enjoy the experience. It didn't start out good for me this Sunday AM, my car wouldn't start. It seems to be a dead battery for some reason. I'm now waiting for AAA to get me going again. I'm burning day light! I learned three new words this morning. By the way, I got a good deal on a new bag at the PDGA store here at the Blake Hotel, so I will have a used Revolution Bag for sale. It's in good shape, $20.

Buffalo Chip

I'll give you five if you drop it off

Just played Renny gold with Sam and Scott. Played really well until a torrential rain hit us with 5 holes to go. Plan on hitting nevin in the am. Disc golf heaven here!
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Thread Information