Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/30/12 club meeting

Hybrid View

Default 7/30/12 club meeting

There will be a club meeting on Monday, July 30th at 7pm at the BBC restaurant 300 West Main St (this is NOT the same as the BBC tap room by Slugger Field).

2012 Tim Selinske US Masters
    The major focus of this meeting will be the US Masters. Dave will update us on how things are going and what he needs help with. One area where help is definitely needed is getting more hole sponsors. I've attached a sponsor sheet that you can download, print and take to local businesses to help start a conversation with them. If you have a caddy book from the CVO, bring that so you can show them what it looks like.

We will also need volunteers to help at the courses during the tournament doing all sorts of things like spotting, filling up water jugs, helping the course TD's, etc. If you can volunteer all three days that would be awesome, but even volunteering one day would be a big help. Dave will update us with all the tasks we need volunteers for at the meeting.

Click here to download the sponsor sheet: 2012Masters_SponsorLevels.pdf

New Courses
    While there are number of potential courses on the horizon (Charlestown, Taylorsville, Tom Sawyer, etc.), none of these involve Metro Parks. At the meeting we'll talk with Dave and Steve about their experiences and knowledge they've gained dealing with Metro Parks. My hope is to gather a handful of people who can (along with Dave and Steve's assistance) work with Metro Parks to get two new courses approved, and identify a location for one 9 hole and one 18 hole course in Louisville. This is not a short process and will involve going to many meetings, but this is how to go about getting new courses.

Your Ideas & Suggestions
    There is no end to what the club can do. Club functions like cook outs, clinics and other organized events. Disc golf education like working with schools, kids and the community.

People like Martin, Judge and I can only do so much so if you want to see something happen you're going to have to step up and help make it happen. Please b
    ring your ideas and come prepared to turn them into a reality.

There's already a thread started where we're brainstorming about the upcoming meeting, click here to take part in the discussion.

BTW I'm leaving today for vacation, see you guys in a week and a half.
    Last edited by Adam; 07-12-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

This location is across the street from the YUM Center.
    See you there.

I should be able to make this meeting.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

LDGC Public Relations

ill be there - hey everyone spread the word - lets get a great turnout - bring some great ideas - drink some great beer and eat some grub -

if you know golfers who arent on the web - tell them - if you have ever wanted to do something for disc golf in the area, be there...

if you have ever complained why cant disc golf be this, or do that, or whatever, be there....

if you want to see the sport grow and be a part of it, be there....

Monday, July 30th at 7pm at the BBC restaurant 300 West Main St - Across from the YUM Center

I should be there
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

75% coming.
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

Where is the place at not exactly sure and no GPS.

It's the BBC Restaurant and Brewery at the corner of 3rd and Main St in downtown Louisville, right across the street from the Yum Center.

James, I will be leaving from Churchill Downs to attend the meeting. You can meet me there and ride with me if you want.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

Hope to see everyone tonight at the meeting!

Thread Information