Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disc golf brainstorming

LDGC Public Relations

Default Disc golf brainstorming

With a meeting on the horizon...

I have started this thread just to get folks thinking and talking...

Topics:
    US MASTERS - What can I do to help volunteer? Raise Money? Be involved?

COURSE WORK DAYS -What is there to do? What can I do to help out?

CLUB WEBSITE - Anything need to be changed, updated?

NEW COURSES - Any thoughts on locations? Any fundraising ideas?

DISC GOLF EDUCATION - What can the club be doing to reach out to those who dont yet know about Disc Golf. Clincs? Kids groups? Boy/Girl Scouts?

CLUB FUNCTIONS - What would you like to see the club doing? Bi-monthly meetings? Get-togethers?

Leaving this wide open...I know lots of folks have ideas - lets brainstorm some and discuss - there are no bad ideas - what do you all have to share?

CLUB FUNCTIONS: Be nice to have say a cook out at our local courses. S.L., I.Q., C.V. & Jims place. Just a day of sit back relax cook out with some disc golfing.

Pending Jims approval this could be a nice BYOB cook out.

In the order i listed the courses one for a S.L. Spring opener March, I.Q. Summer opener June, C.V. Fall opener September & then Jims End of season November

If not all 4 how about 1 good one out at Jims ?

? ? THOUGHTS ? ?
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

Any thoughts on putting a pond somewhere in Seviren? Thats really the only feature the course is missing to make it a 5 star course in my opinion.

That's a good idea Mike. If you you're at the meeting you can bring up that idea, if not I'll will try to remember to.

The meeting is coming up in a little over a week, click here to find out more about it.

What are some more thoughts and suggestions we could discuss at the meeting?
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

It would be nice to get metro parks to play nice with us, or figure out why they won't. It's strange, metro govt will spend multi hundreds of thousands to put a green roof on a dilapidated building that no one will see unless you are flying into louisville, but won't spend a portion of that on a disc golf course that hundreds of people will use.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

My dream is to work out something with the Louisville Mega Cavern to put in a temp disc golf course. If they are open enough to do zip lines, Christmas lights with your own cars driving through a disc golf course is not that far fetched

Mike, I've already talked to one of the owners about that. There is some interest, but it would only be temporary due to the amount of space used for storage during the winter. The other issue is the floor. It's gravel, so we would have to use discs that aren't super valuable. Also, there may be a lighting issue. I never called him back after our first conversation. I would try again (he goes to my church) if there would be enough interest. I was thinking about a weekend tournament there.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

I think a tourny would bring in many players & maybe open the door for more disc golf events in there.

Maybe if he was to talk to the owners of this course to get better info & input

http://www.jcsharpshooters.com/?p=495

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5055

I like the idea of course picnics and it would also be cool to have a course/event in the cavern even if it was just temporary.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

What about possibly focusing (for new courses) on parks that are outside the Snyder? Weren't Parks concerned about the usage at parks like Seneca/Cherokee? How about Miles, Long Run, and others that are a bit farther out and not nearly as heavily used as those in the city proper? It may be more of a drive for us but it would be less crowded and provided much needed foot traffic to these parks.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Thread Information