Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Buffalo Trace Open

Quote Originally Posted by G1nked View Post
    We are lobbying to keep some of these wooded temp holes we are just waiting for the parks permission. Possibly the last two maybe even more.
    My vote is for F, G & H. The selling point could be minimal interference with the walking path and probably wouldn't require that much extra maintenance on the park's part.

Not sure who did hole "G" but kudos, I like that hole.
    Last edited by ccrain; 08-07-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    PD x3 | Teebird | FD x2| Leo | Shark3 | Buzz | Ryhno | Aviar

I would like to say thanks to Daniel for the walk thru video. Nice representation and thanks for the heads up on potential problem areas.

As far as permanent hole locations on that end of the park we will do some tweeking for sure. We will definetly get some advice from other players. As for the dam shot; it will never be a permanent hole. There is a law against digging a hole in a dam. Maybe it could be on the backside of the dam or far left. There is a potential for a big hole there, but as I say, its up in the air.

I am looking forward to this tourny and tomorrow we will be out there after 4 pm to do some more work. We are gonna plant flags and signs on each tee. The signs will have hole letter and distance.

Thanks for your support. The Buffalo Chips will continue to improve the park.
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

If there were a threat of rain I'd suggest you could take some of the rubber mats from existing holes and use them on the temp holes to avoid getting big mud spots, but the weather looks great so that shouldn't be a problem.

As for digging on the dam, how did Dubois get away with it on the new course up there? I guess maybe it's far enough to the end of the dam, but it seems to me from memory that it's still on it.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

marc nethery 45209

Administrator

Only 17 spots left! Get in before it's to late! We'll have a waiting list.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusGresham View Post
    If there were a threat of rain I'd suggest you could take some of the rubber mats from existing holes and use them on the temp holes to avoid getting big mud spots, but the weather looks great so that shouldn't be a problem.

As for digging on the dam, how did Dubois get away with it on the new course up there? I guess maybe it's far enough to the end of the dam, but it seems to me from memory that it's still on it.
    I'm not sure Marcus. All I know is the park manager told me that it was not allowed. They have dam inspectors come out periodicaly and check things out.

We have some updates on the temp holes. More acurate measuments thanks to Adam, Martin and Shawn. They used the GPS method on the dam hole and got real distances. Everything remains the same except for B and G.

B long is 315
    B short is 220 and will be used as a drop zone for the long pad if you are OB in the water. If you go OB over the walking path you will play 1 meter relief from the point your disc crossed the OB line.

B short will be played by Women, rec., and every category below. Yes, we have one short pad for the tourny and thats all. As of right now there is no sign up for B short. I will add one on Friday. There are two flags marking its location.

G is actually 300 ft. instead of 280

Today Shawn and I installed signage and flags on all the temp. holes.

Have fun practicing and keep your discs dry.
    Last edited by Terry Glass; 08-08-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Glass View Post

B long is 315
    B short is 220 and will be used as a drop zone for the long pad if you are OB in the water. If you go OB over the walking path you will play 1 meter relief from the point your disc crossed the OB line.

B short will be played by rec., and every category below. Yes, we have one short pad for the tourny and thats all. As of right now there is no sign up for B short. I will add one on Friday. There are two flags marking its location.
    Crap i thought i read that B was going to be 250 for everyone. I hope there is a lay up area for people like me who do not throw 315 on a regular basis, let alone completely over water. Let the splashing begin. LOL
    Steve Jones
    PDGA # 39463

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Crap i thought i read that B was going to be 250 for everyone. I hope there is a lay up area for people like me who do not throw 315 on a regular basis, let alone completely over water. Let the splashing begin. LOL
    Everyone was going to play from the long pad but the more I thought about that the idea did not sound so good. So we came up with this yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by nick murphy View Post
    Everyone was going to play from the long pad but the more I thought about that the idea did not sound so good. So we came up with this yesterday.
    Sounds good Nick, didnt mean to sound whiny. We all love the BTO tournament. And thanks in advance to everyone involved to make this BTO just as fun as the ones in the past.
    Steve Jones
    PDGA # 39463

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Sounds good Nick, didnt mean to sound whiny. We all love the BTO tournament. And thanks in advance to everyone involved to make this BTO just as fun as the ones in the past.
    Haha. I know you wasn't whining just explaining the reason behind the call.

Thread Information