Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some rules suck

Sounds to me like its a basket malfunction. If your disc falls out due to a hole, broken rim, broke wires it should count as an Ace. In soccer, if there is a hole in the net and the ball scores but rolls out the back, its still a goal. Its not your fault the basket is a piece of shit.

Well that's the thing, those baskets were made for Whamo frisbees which have a larger diameter than what we use today. So back then the baskets caught fine but our smaller discs of today can pass through the bottom catching part of the basket.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Maybe you guys need to Saran Wrap those baskets. Maybe even get that Christo guy to wrap them in fabric. Then nothing will get in or out the wrong way.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

LDGC Public Relations

Maybe otter leagues shouldn't follow every single pdga rule in the books. It's league its not a pdga sanctioned event. It's a stupid rule. It should only be in effect for baskets that have been designed in accordance with new specs. Stupid rule. Especially since its based on if it is seen to happen. If nobody had seen it enter it counts. So its stupid it can't count sometimes but count othertimes. Stupid.

It's a little tricky to enact a rule like this. I am sure the disc was in and slipped through but
    are you really sure? You could never be 100% is my point. To say a shot was in by another
    player is just not the way the game should be played. This is just my opinion of course. Other
    players should not be saying the disc was in or NOT in the basket. Opens up another can of worms.

Baskets should just be modified to catch properly. Especially now that the park is charging to play.

Enjoy summer!

I agree with Sam on this one. Fix the baskets with string or whatever or get new ones. Pay to play, pay to maintain.
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Quote Originally Posted by captain plastic View Post
    It's a little tricky to enact a rule like this. I am sure the disc was in and slipped through but
    are you really sure? You could never be 100% is my point. To say a shot was in by another
    player is just not the way the game should be played. This is just my opinion of course. Other
    players should not be saying the disc was in or NOT in the basket. Opens up another can of worms.

Baskets should just be modified to catch properly. Especially now that the park is charging to play.

Enjoy summer!
    I will say that when this very thing happened to me (in a tournament), two of the people in my group were RIGHT BY the basket and said "they saw nothing" when my putt hit chains, dropped in the basket and fell right through it. I feel they knew exactly what happened, as this was for the lead...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by themick View Post
    I was at otter creek today playing leauges @ threw on hole 9 saw it land in the basket. Thought i had a ace only to walk up there @ find out it went through the side if the basket. Witnessed by 4 people so i pull my disc out of the basket where it came to rest and put in my deuce that sucks but its the rules. They still suck though so excited to r u serious. Damn it man
    After reading through this multiple times, I don't think the issue he had here was that it went in the basket properly and then fell out, although this can be an issue at Otter Creek. I think the issue was that when he arrived at the basket, it was in the basket, but the way it had entered was through the actual basket part. So it appeared to him he had the ace when he was told by others that it had gone through instead of over the catching part. This can happen at any course although again it is easier at Otter Creek with the bigger spaces.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

Buffalo Chip

IMHO sounds like The Mick got screwed out of an ace pot. If it was an pdga sanctioned event then I can see utilizing the ruling to the fullest, ace pools intice people to come out to leagues and if you start picking and choosing certain rules and not others it will detour people from participating. If it was in question I think at least Mickey should have received a portion but really it sounds like he should have got it all

I know at the Fall Open last year I had a drop in on hole 1 and set it in the basket and it fell straight thru. We asked Jeremy after the round and said it counted. This wasn't the first time I witnessed a disc falling through there. I guess them holes there like something bigger than my 8.5 inch disc.

Thread Information