Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some rules suck

Default Some rules suck

I was at otter creek today playing leauges @ threw on hole 9 saw it land in the basket. Thought i had a ace only to walk up there @ find out it went through the side if the basket. Witnessed by 4 people so i pull my disc out of the basket where it came to rest and put in my deuce that sucks but its the rules. They still suck though so excited to r u serious. Damn it man
    themick

There used to be string or something wrapped around the basket to stop that from happening, since the baskets were designed for Whamo frisbees. I guess it disappeared while the course was gone. That really sucks man.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Should've killed the witnesses. If no one saw it go through the side it's an ace.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

I thought that **IF** it was witnessed going THROUGH the side of the basket (it didn't hold the disc), then it can be counted. I had this same thing happen to me at the Fall DG tourney a few years ago...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Last year the PDGA changed the rules for entry into the basket. The rules now are that the disc must enter from above the bottom portion of the basket and below the top portion of the basket. This rule basically says that a disc cannot enter the basket through the caged off part of the bottom aka wedgie. In the same respect if this is not an entry port, it should not be allowed to be an exit port.
    If the shot was witnessed as having entered the basket correctly I would say you have an ace.
    The only argument is that the disc is not supported by the chains or the bottom of the basket. If there is an invisible barrier protecting entry, that same barrier should protect exit.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

It didnt fall out it was in the basket just went in through the side
    themick

If it went through the side, no ace. Very nice shot though, regardless.

If you are not allowed to enter the basket there, it only stands to reason that a disc should not be allowed to exit through those openings.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Oh, yep. No dice. Sorry--I remember someone (Kyle R?) putting a disc in the side of #12 at OCP years ago...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Oh, yep. No dice. Sorry--I remember someone (Kyle R?) putting a disc in the side of #12 at OCP years ago...
    That rule was changed in Jan 2011 that disallows "wedgies". The rule will not allow a disc to enter the basket in that manner. It (and this is not explained in the rule change) should also not allow a disc to exit in that manner. The rule effectively places an invisible barrier around the openings of the bottom portion of the basket.

Thread Information