Thread: A new throw has been developed in Louisville disc golf

Hybrid View

Default A new throw has been developed in Louisville disc golf

It is called....

The Louisville Steak Roll

Details to follow...
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

A Scott Rief exclusive. Hard to describe but it's basically a steaker that is thrown flat with a champion stingray or something similar / kind of flippy. The amount of torque causes it to turn over rather quickly and roll for a good distance, 320 ish, with reliable results. Low ceiling type of throw suitable when your only range of motion is the steaker throw. He was throwing regular steakers in the field today with blizzard destroyers about 420 to 430. I was amazed.
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Yes the Louisville Steak Roll has arrived. This patent pending utility shot is a version of it's older brother, the staker.
    The staker is something I've been working on for years. You grip it exactly like the overhand hook thumb/thumber, and throw it with a backhand motion. It can have snap similar to the sidearm, allowing you to "pop up" a more overstable disc, at high speeds.

The staker is useful as a utility shot when range of motion is limited, or you're off the side of the fairway, and in the rough just a little too deep to have room for a full range backhand.

The Steak Roll, is basically the same shot, except you'll use a less stable disc, and the snap of the throw forces the disc to turn into a low backhand roller. They can go far under a low ceiling, if you have the balls to try it.

I can honestly say right now I can throw a Staker air shot further than a regular backhand.

And it's roller version is something that could get you out of trouble, under a low ceiling, with impressive results.

Put it on your menu

...The Louisville Steak Roll
    Last edited by PDGA#26039; 06-15-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Interesting...congrats on getting that much D out of it!

I'd try it more but it would *destroy* my wrist (lots of arthritis in it, especially moving that way).
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Thread Information