Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Us masters web site and registration is up

That's crap. Is the PDGA not making enough of a cut off the tournament already?
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Quote Originally Posted by mdwamp View Post
    mm1 is advanced masters.
    The word "advanced" is what frightened me. As I said, I generally play in the REC division. I figured MM1 was probably the lowest (which is where I need to be) division as the majority of the people (18 the last time I checked) who pre-registered selected that division. The REC players (myself included) are going to have to step up their (our) game!

Quote Originally Posted by mdwamp View Post
    I haven't heard anything about being required to test before playing. I've registered and I have not tested.
    It's true! The test can be purchased on the PDGA site. Click on Pro Shop then on PDGA store. I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) this is the link.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidHood View Post
    I have a couple of friends that don't have a PDGA # and have never played in a PDGA sanctioned tournament. Would they need to play in at least one tournament to qualify or can they just get a PDGA #, take the exam, and pre-register?
    Does anyone have any insight on this? Do they have to play in at least one tournament to qualify for the US Masters? I'm not sure which one of them started that rumor but it's got all of them spooked.

Thanks for all your replies! I want to have all my ducks in a row before I start a FB group to try and get my Northern Kentucky mates to come down here to play. It's tough to drag them away (and rightfully so) from Idlewild.

Flip it flat and let it fly!

LDGC Public Relations

Dave - There is nothing that requires you to have played a tourney to qualify for the US Masters.

The only requirements are you must have turned 40 years old during the calendar year, you are a current PDGA member, and you have passed the TD test (which is required for all National Tour Events)

You mention "advanced" being a scary word - Masters divisions are only divided in two parts Professional and Amateur - then these two are broken down in age based divisions.

Playing Advanced Masters (MM1) - is a combination of amateurs who might play novice, recreational, intermediate, or advanced - but are instead playing a division with an age restriction and that division is MM1

Quote Originally Posted by DavidHood View Post
    I want to have all my ducks in a row before I start a FB group to try and get my Northern Kentucky mates to come down here to play. It's tough to drag them away (and rightfully so) from Idlewild.
    I have created a new event in FaceBook for this. You are all invited. Please feel free to join. Let's show those Northern boys what it's all about! Here is the link. http://www.facebook.com/events/261607217277522/
    Flip it flat and let it fly!

Buffalo Chip

I paid for my registration but not listed on the pdga registration website? I guess DLG is at Worlds that may be the delay

G1nked, you are listed on the discgolfu site in the advanced masters division. I don't think DLG notifies PDGA each time someone signs up for the tourney. I expect there is communication between dgu and pdga that happens at regular intervals. I think it should show up shortly.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

Buffalo Chip

gotcha thanks

Default Check-In / Players meeting

Not sure who to address this to.

I was getting ready to register but have a scheduling problem with the Players Meeting/Check-In on Thursday night, I'm trying to work it out but looks like 900pm-930pm is the soonest I can be in Louisville. Is it possible to have someone check in for me? I will be at the correct course Friday morning and understand that anything I may miss during the Player's meeting is my responsibility.

Jerry D

Jerry, I'll check with Dave and get back to you.
    Mark

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

Jerry, I sent you a PM.
    Mark

Thread Information