I think you would probably be in your best interest to get 4 or 5 Leopards and learn to throw them on nice flat, smooth lines.
Personally, I think the Leopard is the greatest disc ever created, just because it is so versatile. With the right amount of hyzer/anhyzer, it will do whatever you want and hold a line. Plus you can rip them for a mile.

They are sensitive to OAT (Off-Axis-Torque or Yanking It) which is why I think it would be in your best interest to learn from them. Once you have it dialed in to where you are throwing it 300+ on nice smooth, flat lines then you know your form is coming around and you're ready to start moving up.

Quote Originally Posted by djswim View Post
I have uses for both the ones that cut back hard and not, although I'm getting to the point where I can turn my Teebird over just a bit, and that cuts back pretty hard, so I think I'm set with that for now. Thanks for the responses everyone!

I went ahead and got a DX Leopard and a Star Roadrunner, both in the 166 range. I absolutely love them both. I think the Roadrunner is going to be my go-to driver from now on... it seems more consistent than my Valkyrie. I'm still getting used to the Leopard but it's great as well.

The thing that sucks about being new is that my throw is constantly evolving, so it's hard to keep track of what different discs will do. For example on 12 at CV yesterday I snapped the hell out of the Leopard so hard that it turned into a roller (but ended up being a pretty sweet shot). Both of them are going 30-50 ft. farther than I was able to get my Valkyrie, and with not much effort. I think with the Star plastic that Roadrunner will maintain it's behavior for a while, so I'm going to get about 4 more of them so I can do some field practice and get used to it a little more. Again, thank you all, getting back into this has been frustrating at times for me, but you guys have helped make it a lot easier.