Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alright fine

Default Alright fine

I just realized that if I lose my beat-to-hell DX Valkyrie anytime soon I'm in a world of hurt, and I don't have time for my Champ. Valkyrie to get the crap beat out of it enough to turn it over with my weak-ass throw, SO I'm going to break down and try some new drivers that are (in theory) so understable that even I can turn them over out of the box.

Which brings me to my question: Where would I find one of the following that I could go buy right now, w/o having to order it online?

1. Vulcan (pref. Star, but would try Pro)
    2. Katana (pref. Blizzard, but would try others)
    3. Anything else that I could turn over easy (I'm not very familiar w/ other manufacturers)

Obviously I'd like the lowest weights possible, since as I mentioned above, I can't even turn over a brand new 168g Valkyrie.

Thanks in advance!!

Gonna help you out here Doug, mainly cause I don't hate you. Vulcan and Katana I would say no to. As they can be flippy they are very nose and speed sensitive and could actually act pretty overstable for you. Just got a Roadrunner and really liking it for slow gentle turnovers. Leopards are good also. Avenger SS is a nice understable disc. As far as obtaining them I'm not sure if PIAS carry's these molds but if you're playing CVO this weekend I'm near positive people will be out selling their discs including some pre-tuned discs.

Cool, I'll go take a look. Thanks! Aside from the little flight chart thingies on the websites, I know virtually nothing about discs, so stuff like this helps a lot.

Anything speed 9 or slower. DX sidewinder, another DX Valk, etc. Just don't get sucked into the warp speed drivers. When you can start throwing decent distance, then you can move up. Don't rush it.

I'd say a DX Leopard/sidewinder/valk. Any of those would beat in quickly.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Dont forget the dx Stingray, its a mid but will go far with little effort.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

I'm going to agree with Sidewinder and Roadrunner. Those are some of the best understable drivers I have thrown.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

Try a lower weight JLS (170 or less).
    Almost the distance as the Valk and they will turn easily.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Try a lower weight JLS (170 or less).
    Almost the distance as the Valk and they will turn easily.
    Problem is they'll come back pretty hard. Sounds like he wants something that won't...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

if you dont find what you are looking for locally Cloud 9 will be set up for AM weekend

I have uses for both the ones that cut back hard and not, although I'm getting to the point where I can turn my Teebird over just a bit, and that cuts back pretty hard, so I think I'm set with that for now. Thanks for the responses everyone!

I went ahead and got a DX Leopard and a Star Roadrunner, both in the 166 range. I absolutely love them both. I think the Roadrunner is going to be my go-to driver from now on... it seems more consistent than my Valkyrie. I'm still getting used to the Leopard but it's great as well.

The thing that sucks about being new is that my throw is constantly evolving, so it's hard to keep track of what different discs will do. For example on 12 at CV yesterday I snapped the hell out of the Leopard so hard that it turned into a roller (but ended up being a pretty sweet shot). Both of them are going 30-50 ft. farther than I was able to get my Valkyrie, and with not much effort. I think with the Star plastic that Roadrunner will maintain it's behavior for a while, so I'm going to get about 4 more of them so I can do some field practice and get used to it a little more. Again, thank you all, getting back into this has been frustrating at times for me, but you guys have helped make it a lot easier.

Thread Information