Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dubois County Park - (Southern Indiana)

Cabe, you need to change your signature.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by ccrain View Post
    Awesome! I'll be at Holiday World that same weekend camping with 2 other friends and their families. This is a yearly trip for us and we've always been bummed since there wasn't a course close by for us to get a round in. With this being only 19 miles away our problem is solved. Hopefully it makes the June 1st opening date so we can play it on the 2nd.
    Your problem is somewhat solved, but there are other courses not too far away. Owensboro has several. I haven't played any of them, but I'm told at least a couple of them are pretty nice, and it's probably about 25 miles or so south of Santa Claus. I have played Vastwood Park in Hawesville (across the river from Cannelton,) and I can vouch for it being a pretty good course. It's probably even close than Owensboro.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

19 miles seems like a stretch, unless you are camping at Lincoln SP. I work near HW and it takes maybe 15 mins to get there and that includes going through Ferdinand (at 30 mph). Marcus is right, Vastwood is definitely fun as well, not sure how the mowing is there but I've heard its pretty on and off, I'd think it would be mowed being as close to Memorial Day weekend as it is. Patoka Lake (personal favorite) isn't far away as well.

Awesome! I'll be at Holiday World that same weekend camping with 2 other friends and their families. This is a yearly trip for us and we've always been bummed since there wasn't a course close by for us to get a round in. With this being only 19 miles away our problem is solved. Hopefully it makes the June 1st opening date so we can play it on the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    19 miles seems like a stretch, unless you are camping at Lincoln SP. Patoka Lake (personal favorite) isn't far away as well.
    We are staying a Lincoln SP this year. We flip-flop between there and Camp Rudolph each year. I never knew Vastwood existed so we will probably hit that one next year. Pretty pumped about playing a course the day after it opens. I live in Palmyra so Patoka is just a 30-35 min drive from the house.

Wampler: I'll change it when I hit #2. Radcliff could've just been a fluke.
    PD x3 | Teebird | FD x2| Leo | Shark3 | Buzz | Ryhno | Aviar

delivery truck with the baskets broke down in Texas last Thursday so it will be at least this Thursday before the baskets arrive, doubtful it will be ready by this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    delivery truck with the baskets broke down in Texas last Thursday so it will be at least this Thursday before the baskets arrive, doubtful it will be ready by this weekend.
    That's a bummer! Looks like we will try and hit Vastwood this weekend.
    PD x3 | Teebird | FD x2| Leo | Shark3 | Buzz | Ryhno | Aviar

That's a bummer! Looks like we will try and hit Vastwood this weekend.
    Yeah it stinks, oh well what can you do, Vastwood is a blast, I love the elevation changes there.

Cabe,
    If you're staying at Lincoln SP, Yellow Creek in Owensboro would be closest. Since they've expanded US 231, you can get to Yellow Creek in 15-20 minutes. It's right off of US 60/231. Also, I played Vastwood a few weeks ago and the rough was THICK. Yellow Creek is a much more enjoyable round, IMO.

signs and baskets are in... should be sometime later this month for tee pads..

Heading that way in mere moments
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Thread Information