Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benifits of being a LDGC member

Default Benifits of being a LDGC member

I have been a member for 2 years now & i have always wondered this

Other then the initial benefits when you 1st sign up like free disc, stool or dry fit shirts what is the benefit of being a member through out the season / year ?

Haven't seen any events that members only get discounts or anything as such

This being said i'm down for putting a couple things together to make being a member more worth it. Like cook outs, Members only tournament & so on.
    Last edited by Mike_D; 03-21-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

Buffalo Chip

membership is only $10 bucks and if you use it to renew your pdga membership that saves you five right there. The other benefit is supporting local disc golf events which is well worth the other $5 bucks plus you get your choice of added initial benefits of a shirt, stool, or a disc. I think most people don't look at it as what is in it for me more so what little I can do to help improve the sport we all love.
    Im sure any other benefits you can come up with would only be icing on the cake so go for it.

I totally agree Shawn.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

I agree with what has been said BUT it would be great to make it so much more.
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

I look at it the same way Shawn does.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

I don't know if they still do it but leagues were $1 cheaper for members...

What else do you want? For $10, that's a lot right there. Look at the PDGA and see what you get for $40 relative to what you get here for $10...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

I too agree with Shawn, but have some extra input. I personally like knowing I am a part of something I have a solid interest in. Obviously I enjoy disc golf, so to be a member of a group of people who share the same interest is cool. Also, if there were no disc golf clubs, tournaments wouldn't happen, leagues wouldn't happen, and everyone would just go out and throw. It is in a sense a way of organizing people and should (and in our club is) be used to continue and better the sport. I'm sure if you look at who volunteers to do service work, a majority would be part of the club, not all, but a majority. Again, I just like that it means I am a part of something I enjoy along with a group of great people.

On a side note, when the D.G. Condors were released, I believe club members got either a $5 or $10 discount per disc. Not saying this stuff happens all the time, but it did last year.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

The club most importantly gives our disc golf voice a collective presence
    in the community that could not be achieved by one single person alone. That is
    priceless. Plus I have met a lot of great people from being a club member.

I do agree with your point Mike it would be great to have a few perks to club membership.
    It would only make our club stronger.

Cheers!

I know it's extra money spent, but could we get something to hang off our bags (that sounded bad) kind of like the keychain thing the PDGA gives you just showing that you're a member? It wouldn't have to be the hard metal things but something more affordable.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

LDGC Public Relations

When I moved back to Louisville in 2005 - I saw a post on the the board at Iroquois (thats right IQ used to have a bulletin board) and it was advertising Join the Louisville Disc Golf Club. As I was reading it someone walked up beside me and laughed. They said, "don't join that club its a joke. They say you get a mini and quarterly newsletters. Well whatever is BS."

2005....shift to now...

The Louisville Disc Golf Club has been around more then 30 years and is one of the oldest clubs in the world. It is a player run organization. Thats right it only exists if the players (members) want it to exist. For 30 years it has been, it has had its ups and downs, as any player run and organized club does and should. It has had its members who put their heart and soul into this game that they love only to find themselves burnt out down the road as everything they are involved in weighs heavy on them. Thankfully there is always new blood, there are always fresh ideas, there are always new players to come to love the mental and physical challenge of letting a disc fly.

There are many golfers in the Louisville/Southern Indiana region. Some of these golfers just play. The golfers who choose to be part of the Louisville Disc Golf Club are doing something. Something is so much better then nothing. Nobody in the Louisville club profits, only the disc golf community does.

All disc golfers I ask you... What can you do for disc golf? Can you give your time? We have members who run leagues, tournaments, bag tags, find sponsors for our events, clean up trash, and maintain the courses. Grow the sport? Can you share the fun - take new players out on the course, give a disc to a kid or adult, invite players to our leagues and website, let people know why you play this game!

This year, this 2012 could be our greatest membership ever. Who wants to join something that does nothing? The club is growing - we host a league throughout the winter months and three leagues during the spring, summer, and fall. We have already supported one of our members with the 3rd annual Louisville Classic, we will be supporting more of our members with the 2nd annual Seviren Lang Memorial - all in preparation for hosting a dual weekend Charlie Vettiner A-Tier event in May where we have consistantly played host to world champion golfers. The crown jewel of the year is when Louisville and Southern Indiana are home to the National Tour US Masters during Labor Day Weekend.

Join the Louisville Disc Golf Club in 2012!
    http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/...ead.php?t=5059

There are currently two ways to pay your membership dues...

$10 and you recieve a LDGC stamped dx disc
    http://louisvillediscgolf.com/join/

$20 you recieve 2 raffle tickets to win a $400+ innova discatcher, a chance to play for free in the CVO in May, shirts, discs and other prizes
    http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/...ead.php?t=5154

By joining the Louisville Club you are saying I support Local Disc Golf and I Love this game
    Last edited by martin; 03-22-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Thread Information