Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 CVO Thread

Thanks, I love doing it. I would rather have been playing, but that was the next best thing. I just wish I could have made more than one round each weekend. I had a great time both weekends, but I think I enjoyed shooting the Ams just a little bit more. I hope I got everyone, but I'm sure I missed a card or two.

Adam if u can send Charlie's player pack to wed leagues that would be great
    themick

Thanks for the reminder. We ended up taking care of it on the course Sunday so Charlie is good to go.
    Last edited by Adam; 05-22-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmcc View Post
    Where's the post on the umbrellas are we erasing post again because I can tell you right now if that is going on especially with a post that has no bad things in it such as fighting and such Yall will be looking for a new member and someone else to run wed. leagues I will be out of this club so fast and all the bull***& will get a lot worse for ldgc because there in no need for that kind of censorship.
    We do have umbrellas for sale, I believe there's about 10 left.

I talked with James and I assure him and everyone else that no shenanigans is going on. No posts or threads have been deleted to the best of my knowledge. And a thread about selling club merchandise is the last thing anyone would want to delete any way. I'm gonna check with Nick, the only thing I can think of is maybe something accidentally got removed as he was doing a website update.
    Last edited by Adam; 05-22-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmcc View Post
    Where's the post on the umbrellas are we erasing post again because I can tell you right now if that is going on especially with a post that has no bad things in it such as fighting and such Yall will be looking for a new member and someone else to run wed. leagues I will be out of this club so fast and all the bull***& will get a lot worse for ldgc because there in no need for that kind of censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I talked with James and I assure him and everyone else that shenanigans going on. No posts or threads have been deleted to the best of my knowledge. And a thread about selling club merchandise is the last thing anyone would want to delete any way. I'm gonna check with Nick, the only thing I can think of is maybe something accidentally got removed as he was doing a website update.
    The only post that have ever been deleted are posts with senseless bickering and posts that are YEARS old and haven't been replied to in YEARS. If you want to use this website to publiclly defame a persons name you can rest assured in knowing that those posts will only last a couple hours because I, personally, will delete them the second I read them.

This doesn't mean you can't question the clubs actions on this site. If you see something the club is doing that you don't agree with I encourage you to question it in a professional, mature manor. If you see an individual doing something questionable...take it off line and confront them personally.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

It was a great CVO overall. I suggest a meeting to recap what occurred and what we can
    do better. Is two weekends the way to do it? Should we incorporate two courses and put
    it all on one weekend? Who knows but we should meet and discuss this why it is fresh in our heads.
    We can go over the details. We can also just hang out and have fun

I suggest BBC taproom since they are a sponsor or Monkey Wrench. The Monkey Wrench has food.
    Let's make sure we keep the only A-tier in the city the best it can be.

Why not do a four round, Fri-Sat-Sun tourney that includes SL? One fri, two Sat, One Sun. I know that might be harder to get off of work for many people but it's better than three rounds at the same course. Just my $0.02.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Why not do a four round, Fri-Sat-Sun tourney that includes SL? One fri, two Sat, One Sun. I know that might be harder to get off of work for many people but it's better than three rounds at the same course. Just my $0.02.
    I think you would have an even smaller amateur field if you went three days.

I think the amateur field would be more interested to play two (or more) course as opposed to just the one. The problem is that your two showcase courses are 45 (give or take) minutes apart. You could use Iroquois as opposed to SL, but Iroquois lacks that A-Tier feel. You could have two rounds at CV and two at SL, but then the Ams don't get the experience of watching the pros.

Personally, I thought last year's format was great. I am guessing you were given feedback and my opinion is the mine is the minority. The only thing I would have changed is to have the amateur award ceremony before the pros tee off.

Anyway, that's my .02 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by captain plastic View Post
    I suggest BBC taproom since they are a sponsor or Monkey Wrench.
    Isn't the BBC taproom 21+ only? Why exclude younger members?

BBC taproom is all ages for our events. Just need to keep you young kids away from
    the beer.

I would think a Saturday - Sunday would be the best just because of travel and expense but who
    knows. Three day tourneys are generally a little bigger like NT's or majors.

See you on the course.

Thread Information