Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Vettiner DGC walkthrough

Default Charlie Vettiner DGC walkthrough

This is a video I made to showcase Charlie Vettiner for the CVO and Masters coming up. I also plan on doing this for Seviren. Any comments or suggestions.

Deuce #3.

In all seriousness, I'm punching up some actual useful feedback, more to come soon.

A'ight here we go:

1. Talk. Most people hate hearing their voice on tape, so I understand, but if you write up the descriptions, I'll do the audio for you. I hate my voice too, but I'm a comedian so I'm at least used to it. A short 15-second intro to each hole would be good, and maybe a slightly longer intro/outro to the whole thing.

2. May be too jiggly depending on your camera, but a short walk up from tee to basket would be nice. I'd rather see that than some of the throws which don't really tell me anything (the tee shot from #1 is a good example... no way to tell it's a downhill). Another way to do this would be to have the camera at the basket and point out where the teepad is from that perspective. A simple little blinking arrow would do the trick.

3. The intensity, direction, and quality of lighting have a profound effect on the way an image is perceived. Light affects the way colors are rendered, both in terms of hue and depth, and can focus attention on particular elements of the composition. Much like movement in the cinema, the history of lighting technology is intrisically linked to the history of film style. Most mainstream films rely on the three-point lighting style, and its genre variations. Other films, for example documentaries and realist cinema, rely on natural light to create a sense of authenticity.

(I don't really know what that last one means, I just copied it from a website).

If I think of anything else I'll let you know. I REALLY like showing the little map before each hole, good call there.

Walkthrough is probably not the right word for what I was going for. I was not quite going for a complete walkthrough but more just a showing of the course and what people can kind of expect if they come out to play Vettiner. So, #1 is a little more than I wanted to do but if someone wants to do descriptions of the holes then go right ahead and I can put them in. #2 would add a lot of time and I wanted this to be able to be inside 10 minutes so that way it can be one video on youtube. #3 I did pay attention to some extent like keeping the sun behind the camera. Luckily there was light cloud cover and this was not a huge issue. Thanks for the comments.

I was trying to angle the camera when I was putting so that it was looking back to the tee so that people could get a little more understanding of the hole (I did not do this very well on hole #1). It can be hard for me to tell how descriptive the video is in showing the course though because I have played it so many times.

This is my first time trying this and I do plan on making more videos of me playing rounds so I will try and incorporate and comments or suggestions into future videos.
    Last edited by LtDan914; 04-25-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Nice Dan.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

Looks great man, really well done. I like that you showed the tee signs before each hole so the viewer has a better idea what they're looking at. And you did a pretty good job showing some of the tough putting greens. I'll post a link to this in all the places I posted about the CVO so out of towners can see the course.

My only criticism is you made the course look easy, especially by getting a eagle on hole 18 : )
    Last edited by Adam; 04-25-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Your form is solid, that is for sure. Nice video! That took some time I bet.
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Quote Originally Posted by illyB View Post
    Your form is solid, that is for sure. Nice video! That took some time I bet.
    Thanks. It actually went quicker than I thought. Maybe 2 hours shooting the vid and then a few editing. Editing took a little longer because I had to get accustomed to the program I was using and it crashed once on me and I had to start over. I had fun making it though and plan on doing more as well as taking videos of some tournaments and final nines.

Way to edit out all the bad shots!
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Looks great man, really well done. I like that you showed the tee signs before each hole so the viewer has a better idea what they're looking at. And you did a pretty good job showing some of the tough putting greens. I'll post a link to this in all the places I posted about the CVO so out of towners can see the course.

My only criticism is you made the course look easy, especially by getting a eagle on hole 18 : )
    Thanks Adam. The video makes it look like I killed it but I had to take several drives on some holes so that I could get one where I was not throwing from a bunch of trees. Haha. That was probably my longest drive ever on 18 as well paired with one of my best second shots.

Thread Information