Thread: Riddle

Default Riddle

So, I'm back to playing after a 6-7 year slacking off period, and aside from the "sucking even worse than you used to" factor, only one thing is really bothering me right now:

I can throw VERY different discs and they all seem to have the same maximum distance. The other day I threw:

Champion Groove - 173
    SL - 173
    Champion Teebird - 167
    and finally, to make it stupid,
    Champion freaking Firebird - 168

There was no greater than a 10-15 ft. difference in how far they all flew.

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN???

Thank you.

Did you hit the same tree each throw?
    If not I'd guess nose up but maybe some of the "forum form experts" could elaborate more.

Do all of your drives gain height then hyzer down really fast at the end? Are you throwing the teebird in the distance range posted in your other thread?
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

None of those discs are very beginner friendly except maybe the SL. But if you played 6-7 years ago you might not have a noodle arm like beginners generally do. The discs you're looking for in trade in your other thread should be some good discs for you.

I'd have to see you throw to give some pointers. Hope to see you out on the course soon.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Nose up and stall? Strong arming? Strong arming throwers will max out at about 350'-400', depending on the disc speed.

A few years ago, I had the same problem except that I was throwing drivers and mids almost the same D (drivers only 30' more). I was strong arming the discs...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

What Kao said sounds like what happens most of the time. I'm guessing that it'd probably be better to ask in person where someone can actually see it. I never had a great drive (maxed out around 300') but now I can't even get that... maybe 250-275.

LDGC Public Relations

doug - if you can make doubles tonight at seviren - id be happy to toss the disc around

I'm rarely going to be able to make it out there on Thursdays due to a show I do on Thursday nights, but I appreciate the offer.

I got some tips from Will yesterday, so I may go to a local park right after work and (if I can find some way of judging distance) work on some of that stuff. Based on my negotiation skills with my wife, I may be making it out to Somerset or Mount Sterling this weekend for one of the tournaments there. If not I'll definitely be playing a round or two locally somewhere this weekend.

Did Will inform you that the best use for a Groove is as a coaster or clock?

It's been alluded to... I didn't use it in the round I played with him. It seems like it could have some kind of use, but not for me right now.

Thread Information