Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Crazy putt at Buffalo Trace AND..

      
  1. #1
    Administrator mdwamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    341

    Default Crazy putt at Buffalo Trace AND..

    I played BT yesterday with my wife and my boss. On hole 1, I drove about 15 ft past the basket to the right of it. I was putting into a head wind. I totally missed the putt. It hit the right edge of chains and went past the basket. As it was passed the basket, the wind caught it, lifted it and and blew it back into the chains. It had to be the oddest looking putt I've attempted. It's certainly not a putt to brag about, but it was strange enough to mention.

    AND...

    I played with Jason M Saturday morning at CV. He wouldn't post this so I told him I would. He was playing Seviren Lang with Rob S. He hit the 1000 foot hole in 3. Jason said he made it to the big tree near the basket in two and hit the long putt for a 3. I think that's something to brag about.
    Mark

    Acts 4:12

    There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MarcusGresham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Corydon, IN
    Posts
    817

    Default

    That hole's only been 3'ed like two or 3 times. Martin was the first, I believe.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

  3. #3
    Senior Member Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    904

    Default

    I was close last summer--got about 60ft past the tree and down the hill on my second drive. Had about a 50' putt IIRC but hit and dropped out. I wanted that one...

    Sounds like fun at BT, Mark! How's the game coming along? Improving?
    Daniel

    My putter still doinks harder than yours!

  4. #4
    Administrator mdwamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Certainly improving. Not as fast as I would like, but steadily. Field work and putting practice seem to be the key. That and surrounding yourself with good players that are willing to teach.



    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I was close last summer--got about 60ft past the tree and down the hill on my second drive. Had about a 50' putt IIRC but hit and dropped out. I wanted that one...

    Sounds like fun at BT, Mark! How's the game coming along? Improving?
    Mark

    Acts 4:12

    There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Kao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdwamp View Post
    I played BT yesterday with my wife and my boss. On hole 1, I drove about 15 ft past the basket to the right of it. I was putting into a head wind. I totally missed the putt. It hit the right edge of chains and went past the basket. As it was passed the basket, the wind caught it, lifted it and and blew it back into the chains. It had to be the oddest looking putt I've attempted. It's certainly not a putt to brag about, but it was strange enough to mention.
    It sounds like you pulled a Feldberg, did you run around the basket with your hands in the air afterwards?

    If you havn't seen the video here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCNZNX-v7Vc
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

  6. #6
    LDGC Public Relations
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,893

    Default

    Monhollen with 2 450+ ft drives almost a 100 ft putt that's cool, be the first air shot 3

  7. #7
    Administrator mdwamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    341

    Default

    No, I didn't do the feldberg dance. Thanks for the link. Makes me wish Cabe was recording the putt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    It sounds like you pulled a Feldberg, did you run around the basket with your hands in the air afterwards?
    Mark

    Acts 4:12

    There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Albany, IN
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdwamp View Post
    I played BT yesterday with my wife and my boss. On hole 1, I drove about 15 ft past the basket to the right of it. I was putting into a head wind. I totally missed the putt. It hit the right edge of chains and went past the basket. As it was passed the basket, the wind caught it, lifted it and and blew it back into the chains. It had to be the oddest looking putt I've attempted. It's certainly not a putt to brag about, but it was strange enough to mention.

    AND...

    I played with Jason M Saturday morning at CV. He wouldn't post this so I told him I would. He was playing Seviren Lang with Rob S. He hit the 1000 foot hole in 3. Jason said he made it to the big tree near the basket in two and hit the long putt for a 3. I think that's something to brag about.
    Sounds like some fun windy day putting.

    I added Jason M to the Seviren Lang wall of fame. Thanks for letting us know about his awesome eagle!
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •