Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics of Seviren Lang 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanatum View Post
    Has anyone thought of having the new hole 4 as hole one? That could be a way to avoid the crossover to hole one. I am excited about the new pin placements. Great work guys and yeah, great map.
    They wanted old nine as a stong finishing hole.

LDGC Public Relations

my thoughts are - that starting on 10 - 14 - provide a great (beginner friendly) layout - woods holes, short and always near the start, so if you are waiting for your buddies you are always right there - it also provides players with a small loop of holes that can be played in a short span of time

then hole 15 -1000 ft - now you get to drive - great to have this near the beginning - here is your distance training hole - and once you play it you are off on the seviren adventure

from there the course grows - climbs and bites - the new 7 pin, 8 pin, and finish on 9 provide a climatic, risk/reward, and exciting final 3 holes to the round

establishing the course on the top of the hill provides an awesome view of the land below, the drive through the park allows players to see what lies before them on the back of the course, and the upper area has increased parking, bathrooms, a practice basket area, and a larger warmup area

the issue with getting to the new hole 1 and crossing hole 18 - will be challenged - but with all these additions - plus extra signage and possible future pad additions - it will be a vast improvement to the course flow and fun

thanks to all those who have helped up to this point - more work is still needed - in the woods all downed branches still need to be moved to the wood fence lines - benches are lined up to be installed on about 12 of the holes - new hole signs are going in + new pin markers on top of the basket + maybe some new concrete short pads and pad extensions and pin placements for erosion control

Seviren is king of Indiana - if you have yet to play - check it out ASAP - doubles are thursday nights at 6 - and our 2nd annual Seviren Lang Memorial Tourney is Apr 14

Agreed, and the new pin placements on 7 & 8 (which a few of you have played already to temp baskets) make for a very challenging finish to the course.

Great work out there, the course is looking better than ever and thanks to all who helped!
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

When do the sleeves get set? They've only got about 3 weeks (and will the new pad on old 5/new 14 be ready?)
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Not sure, I should hear something back from the parks department soon.

Is the reason you chose not to use new #4 as #1 because you wanted the really tough holes to finish? Just curious, as I think the current new #1 might cause some problems when crossing the fairway...

Oops, I didn't see Bassmantum's question...nevermind!

Great job on the maps. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) be able to get out there and see it one day.
    Last edited by Daniel; 03-21-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

other than casual rounds you wont be crossing the fairway plus there is a short route that goes by the basket now as well. In tournament rounds you will all start at the same time so should be no crossing as it would play as it does now. From my understanding that those 3 finishing holes will make it a tough way to end and balance out the birdie holes to where you start with a few and eventually build up to the big tough finish.

I just played the new layout at Seviren yesterday and didnt realize the holes had changed until i was on the old #5. The 3 new pin placements added 3 extra strokes to my scores, but hopefully a few more rounds and i could shave those off. The new #1 doent bother me but i was wondering if they are still goin to close the gates of the park during winter?

They will close the gates for a couple months over the winter. During that time we can start on hole 10 (old hole 1) like we used to.

We've also got alternate basket locations planned for nearly every hole that we'll use during the winter to reduce the erosion and wear to the course.

Thread Information