Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of Seviren Lang 3.0

LDGC Public Relations

Default Pics of Seviren Lang 3.0

this link will take you to a variety of photos - showing much of the work that has been done on the course - and the 3 new holes that can be played for the first official doubles event this Sunday March 11 at 2pm

The gate at the park is open - be sure to drive to the top of the hill and park in the lot by the pavilion/playground

The doubles will begin around what is marked Hole 10, 12,13,14

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=34d7ab23d0

Do you have the distances for the new pin placements?
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

We have a rough idea, Martin is going to measure them tomorrow at leagues.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Is there a list of what has changed? Are the new placments perm or extra sleeves that can be moved as needed?
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Is there a list of what has changed? Are the new placments perm or extra sleeves that can be moved as needed?
    Sorry Ross, I didn't see your post the other day. The changes are to current holes #3, 7 & 8 but with the course being renumbered, they're going to be holes 12, 16 & 17. Between the renumbering of the course and the changes, the flow will be so much better with the course starting out with shorter holes and continually getting harder throughout the round and finishing with a bang on 16, 17 & 18 which are some of the toughest ones on the course.

Here's the updated course map so you can get a better idea of what changed. We're using temp baskets at leagues until the parks department installs the sleeves in a couple weeks. The baskets can be moved but I imagine they'll mostly stay in these new positions since that's where they'll be for the Masters.

SL_CourseMap_v3.0.jpg

I know most of you guys use dgcoursereview.com and have probably taken care of it there, but I have updated this information on discgolfscene.com, as well. I believe it says that there needs to be one more review on the latter site to have it nationally rated.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

I will update this stuff on DGCR once the necessary changes are made. Seviren could always use more reviews on DGCR also.

Since I haven't played the new layout I could be wrong but it looks like a long walk through another fairway to get to the first teepad. If so this could be a problem and a safety issue.

As far as dgcr and other sites go will the renumbering be handled as an extinct course to keep stats clean for those who like to keep track?

I woud also like to say great job on the maps and I hope to see them on all of the courses around here.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

I don't think we'll need to extinct the course. We're just lengthening 3 holes and renumbering but I'll check with TimG.

I'm not thrilled that we'll cross 18's fairway to get to hole 1, but they can cross out in the open by the landing zone where everyone can see what's going on. We'll also add signage to get to hole 1.

Has anyone thought of having the new hole 4 as hole one? That could be a way to avoid the crossover to hole one. I am excited about the new pin placements. Great work guys and yeah, great map.

Thread Information