Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So much thanks

LDGC Public Relations

Default So much thanks

Seviren is going through early spring cleaning

The course is getting some fantastic care...

A huge thanks to shawn mcgee and jim reynolds who helped adam and I clean up the fenceline on the top of hole 2 and the left side of 3 as we redefined the ob line and prepared for a additional pin placement

Today thanks to kyle lynch who helped me begin debris cleanup on holes 10 and 11

So far over 21 man hours have been volunteered to upgrade the course.

Tomorrow from 10 - 4 - adam and I, plus a few volunteers will be working on holes 3, 7, and 8 as we prepate for additional pin placements.

I know tomorrow is monday but if you are free and want to come give a hand, it will be greatly appreciated.

Afterwards at 630 in charlestown, in - a few of us are attending a town meeting with the mayor as we and roger slaten are pushing for a new 27 hole course.

Love to see some golfers out tomorrow as we prep the course for the seviren lang memorial tourney as well as the US masters and come support the future of this game we love in charlestown in the evening
    Last edited by martin; 03-04-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Glad to hear SL is getting some additional pin placements. This has really quickly become my favorite course. I haven't played in months but the memories I have of playing out there are some of my favs. Just really beautiful, challenging Lincoln Ridge for beauty in this area.

Great work, guys! I *really* wish I could be out there working and playing. Just be thankful that you still can do both. Use your body to full effect while you still can.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Can't wait to play the course at Sundays winter leagues

THANKS to all who have helped & will be helping in the future
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

LDGC Public Relations

another big work day - seviren continues to evolve - the current holes 3 and 8 both have extended fairways added to them, new pins coming soon!!!

thanks to charlie gwinn for coming out to work in the snow with adam and i - nearly 50 man hours went into work done saturday - monday, awesome

on any given day when you are out there throwing - please pick up any garbage and when you are in the woods pick up at least one stick on the ground and add it to the growing branch lined fences - you cant miss them
    Last edited by martin; 03-06-2012 at 08:30 AM.

A big thanks to everyone that helped over the weekend and Monday. I still can't believe how much got done.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

That's awesome, guys. What are the new pin placements like? Just longer or turns involved? A curious mind here...
    Daniel

LDGC Public Relations

the current 3 is straighter/slight right turn about 40? feet longer and the current 8 is straighterwitha hyzer around the trees behind the present basket 100 feet longer - pins are still in flux so changes might get made

Sounds fun. #3 sounds like it would be quite a bit harder. It isn't the easiest hole as it is. I really wish I could get out there and to BT. I'm hoping I feel good enough to really try out the blizzard discs on #15 at SL and #19 at BT...
    Daniel

LDGC Public Relations

those blizzards at seviren can be used for more then just 15, holes 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 17, 18 are all good open shots - ive thrown some of my best drives ever on the course with a 137 gm boss on 2 and 18 - my 154 gm destroyer gave me one of my easiest 3's ever on 9, around the corner

That's true. I wasn't thinking too deeply about it! 18 would be hard, as I need something that's going to turn more than those. (My 150g destroyer and boss don't turn that much...) Now, on #9, I can see it. You can get some good D with enough altitude for it to drop in decently close to the basket. I don't see it on 7 (too easy for normal discs, too risky) and 17. 2 and 4 would have to be fairly calm, I'd imagine. Or, do the blizzard discs fly ok with wind? I can see them getting pushed all over the place in the wind which could help or really hurt the throw, depending.

I've gotten my 172g boss to just inside the opening on #2 (maybe 75'-100' from the pin?). I would like to see how much better these newbies could do.

With it in the 60s-70 this week, I *really* want to do some testing... =)
    Daniel

Thread Information