Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Vettiner Pro/Am League starting soon

Default Charlie Vettiner Pro/Am League starting soon

CHARLIE VETTINER PRO/AM LEAGUE

The Pro/Am league is coming back again this year, except we're moving to Tuesday nights. The first league night will be Tuesday, March 13th, 2012, flying off at 6 pm. Cost is still the same at $6 and a $1 Ace Pot.

This will be Pro/Am format unless an odd number of players show up. If we have a mully man we will allow the Pro's 1 extra shot per hole, with Am's getting 2 shots plus short pads on 3, 8, 11, 13, 17, 18, and 3 shots on hole 16. I think this is fair for everyone that plays.

There are many ideas still being looked at to what we could add as a little extra incentive to come out and play, so if anyone has any ideas please mention them.

I look forward to seeing everyone out on the most beautiful and toughest course Louisville has to offer!

Hey there,
    My buddy and I are going on a little tour and were looking for some leagues to play while we travel. We will be heading through KY at some point next week. Just a couple questions for ya, how many people do you usually get at your leagues and how is the course?

Jake B.
    Team Captain - Team Gotta Go Gotta Throw
    North Zone Coordinator - Minnesota Frisbee Association

ummmm has this Tuesday change been cleared by the club / guys running leagues at S.L. on Tuesday ?
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

LDGC Public Relations

Yes mike

Jake -charlie vettiner is our championship quality course here in louisville and plays host to our annual a-tier, par 58, open and wooded holes, a variety of tunnel shots, course you guys will for sure want to check out

Right across the river is seviren lang one of the top rated courses in indiana, par 60, rolling hills, champ quality, seviren and vettiner will both be hosts to the us masters later this year

Kentucky is home to some prime spots, idlewild and lincoln ridge near cincy and holler in the hills just north of bowling green

PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

Jake,

This is the best course in Louisville, it's my home course and challenges you right from the start and doesn't let up til your disc hit those chains on 18. It's got some beautiful scenery, great signs and is always a blast to play.

When the weather is nice we will get upwards of 8 people plus, and I'm expecting more to show early and get some extra practice this year as we have the Louisville Classic and Charlie Vettiner Open right around the corner. Some of the biggest events in our area.

If you all can't make it to leagues I'd be happy to meet you all up there and play a round and show you all the course.

Phil

We do glow n dark Leauges every wensday At irquios park 630 . Lots of fun usually have 12to or more people
    themick

Alright we are just a few days away from leagues starting back up during the week. I'm still looking for suggestions on how to increase the attendance for our Pro/Am league at C.V. Ideas that have been mentioned so far:
    -Run a series like James does at Iroquois;
    -Give a disc to those that play league's for the first time;
    -Instead of a random draw pairing, put the best Highest Pro with lowest Am, and divide the pairings that way;
    -Have 1 CTP prize per league night.

These are just a few and I'm not sold on any 100%, as they all sound like great ideas.

So what would make you want to play leagues more????? That is the question

Free beer?
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Boobies.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Thread Information