Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd man out when playing league doubles. THOUGHTS / SUGGESTIONS

Most pro am teams don't take four shots total that would be 18 under i have seen a lot of 6 and 7 unders win. If you have a partner do they only get 2 or 3 throws?

I've always kind of thought it was a massive disadvantage to only get a second shot twice a hole when every other team gets two cracks at every shot. Now that I'm more of an intermediate level I understand it a little better, but a true rec guy, I think, should get two shots for every shot.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Like what James had to say.

I think Mully player gets 2 per hole BUT we offer to buy 2 more at say $2.oo for the 3rd & $3.oo for a 4th ( caps at a total of 4 ) almost = out to be the cost of a 2 member team.

THOUGHTS on what i just said ?
    Last edited by Mike_D; 02-21-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

LDGC Public Relations

i would just keep it simple - 1 mully for pros - 2 for ams (maybe on holes that are par 4's they could have 3 mullys)

i would stay away from the extra cash

at that rate the pros or am mully shouldnt be able to win 100% of the pot (being that a team pays two entry fees to split the winnings) - a mully man would have to double their entry fee to win 100%

I think the am mulliman has a distinct disadvantage at 2 mullis per hole. Even at equal shots of two per lie he is at a disadvantage to a pro/am team. In my limited time playing, I haven't seen the am mulliman win.

I understand the money issue. MM should only win half of the pot unless he pays two entry fees. Maybe the club should get the other half? Same with the ace pool. If he hits an ace on his second shot, is that an ace? Maybe only if he pays two entries into the ace pool?

A possible way to level the playing field is allow 2 mullis per hole and short tees for the am player? Or maybe two shots per lie and 1 short pad per hole with a short pad.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

Looking at the scores from the winter leagues I'd say whichever way it is being done now is putting the mully man at a huge disadvantage. Week 1 last place, week 2 6th of 10, week 5 last place, week 8 second to last place. Take the numbers and you decide.

I kinda like the 2 per hole & all short pads. keep things plane & simple.

I will try this out this Sunday at FUN FARM if we happen to have a mully man

LDGC Public Relations

fun farm has a short pad for 2 - and possibly one on 20 - its minimal - i would suggest adding a 3rd mulligan shot to the par 4's (hole 7, 11, 17, and 20 (if you are playing 22 holes))

yeah i thought about that after i posted last. Sounds good

I agree with you Martin. Then so be it for FUN FARM 2 mully on par 3 holes & 1 extra for par 4 holes or higher plus all short pads when applies

I like it, that sounds like a good compromise.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Thread Information