Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd man out when playing league doubles. THOUGHTS / SUGGESTIONS

Default Odd man out when playing league doubles. THOUGHTS / SUGGESTIONS

Since i have been L.D. of the winter doubles league this season the odd player out AKA mulligan player has happened a couple times. Most times it's an AM player. I & other L.Ds. give said player 2 extra shots per hole as the choose.

I have been asked almost every time IF all the teams get 2 shots every shot, why not the mulligan man ?

I have read many others disc golfers thoughts on this matter from all over the U.S.
    for example
    http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...p/t-16569.html

I would like to know what you all think about this subject.
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

Mulligan man gets one shot.

Ams get two
    Pros get one

I agree with the captain.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

I would really like to hear what an AM players feelings are on this matter as well.

I'm an AM & i'm kinda on the fence about this. on one side i understand the whole 2 per hole, Kinda makes you have to try to play your best / challenging BUT on the other side i understand where the player is coming from with the team have 2 shots every shot.

I would like to see AMs get 3 shots every hole. ( excluding O.C. when 2 is good )
    When an AMs comes out to play league doubles he or she expects to be teamed up with a PRO ( no matter good or bad they are just better ) & when a AM gets the dreaded Mulligan draw that just puts a sour feeling on their round.

The history has been that the Pro gets one mulligan and the AM gets two.

LDGC Public Relations

1 pro, 2 am is a great rule

Problems, not all courses are created equally, whats fair at otter isnt fair at vettiner

Giving ams a second shot for every shot they take

Problems, not all ams are created equal, also this isnt equal to what a team does with each player having shots, an am who gets to take a shot everytime has little risk for any first shot they ever take

Different mulligan rules on different days

Problem, there will be confusion

Good luck on this one

MARTIN i understand what your saying.

I think giving AM an extra shot every time has little to no risk for any first shot they ever take & is a little to much
    Most i feel that would be fair would be 3 per hole at hard courses like but not limited to > C.V., S.L., B.T., F.F., instead of the 2 ( excluding O.C. when 2 is good )

I have played mulligan man many times. I do prefer to have a pro partner but when one is not avail the 2 shot rule is gold it really makes you think of what shot you take and when you take your mulligans. it also helps define your game and you learn where you might need 2 improve. plus generally a pro/am team is taking 4 shots total except in cases like 18 @ CV and i believe if i remember correctly CV 18 is 3 for mully.

The rule is 1 for pro and 2 for ams because leagues is to better your game and give u a competive chance also the pro am leagues is designed to give the ams a chance to watch and learn different shots from the pros a mully man only pays half the amount that a team pays so, that is the main reason he doesn't get the same amount of shots a team gets. Now if a mully wants to pay full amount of a team then maybe for ams he gets 2 for every shot but not pros they shouldn't need more than one mully per hole if that.

Thread Information