Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blizzards In Stock

Thanks, Justin! Now get back to studying, young man! =)
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

LDGC Public Relations

I picked up at 154 destroyer, 134 destroyer, and a 137 boss, the heavier is for sure the the more overstable, the lighter too proved to be fun discs to turnover - great for uphill shots, standstill shots, I have yet to throw them in a big field and really get some distance

their lightness led to some interesting situations - threw one of them on 17 at IQ big hyzer and hit hit the tree tumbled through the branches for a moment and was then stuck suspended pretty far up - luckily got it back down

also had a couple that glanced off trees and then proceeded to glide a tremendous distance foward

I have no doubt that these discs will give some players if not all more distance - i do question just how accurate that distance will prove to be...

As for the discs durability - these are not discs to be flinging around trees and especially not at them either. my boss hit one tree dead on and got a nice chunk taken out of it

after a day of use at IQ they felt sorta like toys, novelty even - I look forward to testing their D over the weekend

Martin, I think you would like the heavier 150+ boss. That flies really well and from what I read it sounds like it has been the most liked one so far.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

Holy Cow! I bought three of these. Went out to the field and finally
    eclipsed 600 feet!!! Greatest day of my life.

Just kidding I have not thrown them yet.

OK folks. These discs are the real deal Holeyfield! I picked up a 150 destroyer and a 150 boss yesterday from Damon. Just got back from the "driving range" at hounz lane park and was getting these things to around 500 feet pretty consistently. About 50 to 70 feet farther than their regular champion counterparts. I was cranking them with a little anhyzer in a head wind and they were helixing forever, coming back strong in the end. Couldn't believe it. I'm sure with a few good tree hits that might not be the case but for now they are pretty darn overstable. They glide forever it seems.
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Sounds like they are ideal for open courses like White and holes at Henderson. I need me some.

Quote Originally Posted by illyB View Post
    OK folks. These discs are the real deal Holeyfield! I picked up a 150 destroyer and a 150 boss yesterday from Damon. Just got back from the "driving range" at hounz lane park and was getting these things to around 500 feet pretty consistently. About 50 to 70 feet farther than their regular champion counterparts. I was cranking them with a little anhyzer in a head wind and they were helixing forever, coming back strong in the end. Couldn't believe it. I'm sure with a few good tree hits that might not be the case but for now they are pretty darn overstable. They glide forever it seems.
    Man, I've got to get out there, if I ever feel good enough... =( I'd like to hit 600'. I really think these could do it, from what everyone is saying...
    Daniel

LDGC Public Relations

review part 2:
    tossed a 134 destroyer and 137 boss around in the field today - they go far with ease - I was only throwing them around 400+ feet but I think with a little more time I can get some more distance - these discs once they get in the air are surprising more overstable then I had first thought

so much glide - and less effort are surely the main components that are lending to added distance

I was able to play a few holes and tested out my 150g Destroyer and 151g Boss. They are overstable! Not too much, just right. I was able to get them ~450' not having played or thrown in 6+ months. If I get my form and timing down, I'm sure I could get 550' (what I was getting with max weights) and maybe even 600'. Now *that* would be cool... =)
    Daniel

LDGC Public Relations

review #3 - all I have to say is blizzard plastic and Seviren Lang are built for one another - elevation and open field shots - I so want to throw some 150+ gram blizzards out there - my 130's don't go any further then my regular discs, but wow are they easy to throw out in that open space

Fun Farm will also be a great spot - looking forward to checking it out on Sunday for the Winter League

Thread Information