Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blizzards In Stock

Default Blizzards In Stock

Champion Blizzard Destroyer, Katana, and Boss in stock! Well for now at least.

Buffalo Chip

I'm just not seasoned enough to figure out what's so breakthrough about light plastic? Can anyone explain why this super light plastic is so awesome, I just see it as way easier to flip or turnover I mean I have plenty of 150 plastic now and I wouldn't dare bring them out in any type wind. Enlighten me no pun intended. I'm not hating on Damon's livelihood I just wonder how Innova keeps flooding the market with new molds new plastics every other day?

Most lighter discs tend to be more understable but these actually keep basically the same flight path as the heavier discs. This makes it a little easier to get the disc up to speed and takes a little less effort. Apparently it has been working because I hear a lot of people saying how their distance has increased with these discs.

Don't know how much truth is in it but David Wiggins has reportedly had two throws over 800' with them. So if you wanna throw 800' get into the blizzard craze!!! But seriously do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Burke View Post
    Don't know how much truth is in it but David Wiggins has reportedly had two throws over 800' with them. So if you wanna throw 800' get into the blizzard craze!!! But seriously do it!!!
    He wrote that in his review on Innova's site about the blizzard discs. "150g Blizzard Champion Boss (828ft)* and a 150g Blizzard Champion Katana (813ft)."

LDGC Public Relations

Great just what I've been waiting to hear

Shawn you asked about new molds everyday , marketing

Think of disc manufactures like yum brands, how many variations of tacos, pizza, and fried chicken can there be, but their marketing agency is always got something new

You mentioned not throwing lightweight in any winds
    Lightweight discs can take off in a tail wind, or at the right angles ride crosswinds, and at the right speed float on a head wind

the multitudes of plastics, molds, and weights aren't the perfect fit for everyone, but with everyone having their own personal strengths and weaknesses, the trial and error method will always pay off in the end

I tried the new cantina.tacos, they were okay but prob wont get them again
    Ill report back later aftet I get these air friendly discs out towards that 800 ft mark
    Last edited by martin; 02-15-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Buffalo Chip

I'm definetly trying to get out to DCD to get in on the breakout technology. I'll figure this sport out sooner or later

Anyone know what kind of increases are generally seen? 10%? More? Less? If I could get 50' more out of them, that would be pretty darn cool, assuming I can get to playing again... =(
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Just got a 150 Katana and a 134 Destroyer earlier and let me say this "I now have 2 new favorite disc in my bag." Great feel in my hand overall and the flight paths are beauties. Went to a field twice this afternoon and I've never thrown a disc as far as these. I'm getting more than 50' further with the Blizzard Destroyer compared to my Pro Destroyer.

And the Katana is a beast, may end up being my favorite driver in my bag. Thanks again Damon

Alright, so I sorta lied to Damon. I went to his store today and bought a 155 boss, 150 katana, and 150 destroyer. I told him I would not get to throw these until Saturday due to the two tests I have coming up (1 tomorrow, 1 friday). I do have those tests, and they are gonna suck, but I couldn't resist taking a break from studying and going out to test these. I have a champ boss, champ destroyer, and pro katana. I compared these discs with the new blizzard discs I bought. I was consistently throwing the blizzard discs further. My form is not perfect, so there was obviously some discrepancy as sometimes I would have a great throw with the champ disc and bad throw with the blizzard disc, but even then, the blizzard disc went either the same distance or further. I would say if I threw both discs equally, the blizzard disc would probably fly about 40-50' further. I'm able to throw on a football field, so I can get pretty accurate measurements by looking at the yard lines. So in other words Daniel, yes I believe you could get 50 more feet out of them. Also as a side note, the blizzard champ katana flies exactly like a pro katana and nothing like a regular champ katana. And, I didn't get any in the 130 range, but I would think if you have a big arm, you should probably not get below a 145g disc. Just an opinion, not really sure.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

Thread Information