Thread: Work day at Seviren Lang

Default Work day at Seviren Lang

This Monday 2/13 around 10am I'll be going out to Seviren to do some clearing for some of the long basket placements we have planned.

If you have some free time (even if it's just an hour or so) to come out and help that would be great. I'll be back around holes 7, 8 & 11.

If you think the course is too easy, you should see what we have in store! See you there!
    Last edited by Adam; 02-10-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

I can't believe you want to change anything the course is hard enough as it is you are also changing how the course gets rated for the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post

If you think the course is too easy, you should see what we have in store! See you there!
    I do not think it's too easy. If I want it to be harder I'll just hit more trees then normal.
    Do not change it on any of the Rec's division account.
    Also personally I do not see the shorts as making it any easier. I like the course just the way it is.

I don't mean to try to discourage any work you guys do there, i appreciate it all. If I didn't have to work or have fatherly duties i would be there to help. But try to remember the little people (the one who do not get to practice much or play much but enjoy the sport and competition) some of us like the course just the way it is.
    Steve Jones
    PDGA # 39463

From the grand scheme of plans I've heard from both Martin and Adam, Seviren will eventually sport loads of pin placements and possibly more tee pads for a hybrid super course. I have no problem with this as I always like seeing new lines, options off the tees and more challenge for me to do well. As for tourney ratings, there's nothing to say that the course will exclusively be in the 'newer' layout for any rated event, but it could eventually. Look at Idlewild for an example, it depends on who's running the tournament and for what skill level they want to appease. The Fred Salaz-layout shows the course with all teeth (extreme OBs, long tees/pins) sharpened while the Bluegrass Open has it transformed into Idlemild. That's how I see Seviren eventually evolving. That being said, I won't be able to make it for the work day.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    From the grand scheme of plans I've heard from both Martin and Adam, Seviren will eventually sport loads of pin placements and possibly more tee pads for a hybrid super course. I have no problem with this as I always like seeing new lines, options off the tees and more challenge for me to do well. As for tourney ratings, there's nothing to say that the course will exclusively be in the 'newer' layout for any rated event, but it could eventually. Look at Idlewild for an example, it depends on who's running the tournament and for what skill level they want to appease. The Fred Salaz-layout shows the course with all teeth (extreme OBs, long tees/pins) sharpened while the Bluegrass Open has it transformed into Idlemild. That's how I see Seviren eventually evolving. That being said, I won't be able to make it for the work day.
    100% agree.

Wyatt summed it up well. There are a number of pin placements planned. Some are to make the course more challenging (like hole 7) while others are to help stop erosion before it starts and provide different looks. Some of the work we have planned is simply to help keep the course looking good for the national attention it's going to get with the Masters.

I know Monday is a work day for most people but I wanted to everyone know about it in case you are free.

I'll make it if I can but I don't like my odds for much time out there. Any ideas on what I'd mentioned earlier about having the parks department grind up downed trees for mulch in the walkways?
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

I'm awaiting a reply about their wood chipper amongst many other things. When we were doing all the work on the course a year and a half ago I believe it was broken so hopefully it's working now.

Thread Information