Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Kentucky State Representative

Default 2012 Kentucky State Representative

One of the fun perks of being the PDGA State Coordinator is that I get to come up with a way to determine the USDGC State Representative. They give the State Coordinator the option to do anything from simply picking a person to go and represent the state to having an event that determines the representative.

This year they are going to do a performance based portion of the USDGC called the “Performance Flight. In this group the winner will be determined by their score at the event related to their skill level (for more info about the USDGC and how winners will be determined click here). This means if you have a rating of 875 or higher you have the opportunity to play at the USDGC and possibly win.

The option that they encourage for selecting the representative is to select an event within the state and let that event be the qualifier. I’ve decided to use the Brandenburg Open #21. In the past I selected the Freeman Lake Open and the Southern Kentucky Championship. This year I wanted to draw a bigger crowd to a course that is near and dear to me.

All divisions will play the exact same layout and score will be submitted to the USDGC to use their formula to determine who will be awarded the State Representative spot.

Hope to see you there.
    Last edited by jeremy; 02-02-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    (for more info about the USDGC and how winners will be determined click here).
    Nothing to be clicked on
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

LDGC Public Relations

http://www.usdgc.com/competitors/qualifying

Jeremy looks like a change:

All Performance Flight candidates and participants must have a PDGA Player Rating of 875 or higher,
    and must have a minimum of 12 PDGA Rated rounds between November 1, 2011 and October 1, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    Nothing to be clicked on
    Thanx! Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    http://www.usdgc.com/competitors/qualifying

Jeremy looks like a change:

All Performance Flight candidates and participants must have a PDGA Player Rating of 875 or higher,
    and must have a minimum of 12 PDGA Rated rounds between November 1, 2011 and October 1, 2012
    Ooops! The email that I received has a typo in it then. Thanx for the heads up.

LDGC Public Relations

i like the minimum 12 rounds - I think golfers in general shouldn't be given a rating until they have at least 6-8 rounds recorded - but off topic

Meade-Olin will be a great spot for the performance flight - good idea jeremy

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to be at the Brandenburg Open, anyway. You guys always put on a helluva show.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

uhhhh yu have a date on that for me yet LOL??????????
    LILFATGUY

He's gotta ok it with the state coordinator first hahaha
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Are you planning on toughen up the course with OBs, longer tees, and whatnot? Otherwise, I don't see this as being a good event to find a state representative. I don't see any actual golf strategy required (other than don't hit a tree) or risk/reward involved at Brandenburg. Not to knock Meade-Olin because I like that course but its a pitch-and-putt essentially when compared to what awaits in Rock Hill, and isn't a true test of a golfer's abilities.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    Are you planning on toughen up the course with OBs, longer tees, and whatnot? Otherwise, I don't see this as being a good event to find a state representative. I don't see any actual golf strategy required (other than don't hit a tree) or risk/reward involved at Brandenburg. Not to knock Meade-Olin because I like that course but its a pitch-and-putt essentially when compared to what awaits in Rock Hill, and isn't a true test of a golfer's abilities.
    It's a competition to see who gets to go not a preparation to go. Every course is a test of a golfer's abilities. There will not likely be any major modifications to Meade/Olin. It would be neat to have the additional holes again.

Thread Information