Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best courses of 2011

Default Best courses of 2011

Here's the DGCR best courses of 2011. Idlewild is still near the top of the list, with Holler in the Hills and Lincoln Ridge also on the list.

There's also a separate list based only on reviews made in 2011 with a 10 review minimum.
    Idlewild is also near the top of this list as well and our own Seviren Lang DGC is ranked 23rd! Mt. Airy in and The Hill at Northview Church are also regional courses that made the list.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

LDGC Public Relations

this is some great news - to anyone who has yet to go on dgcoursereview and rate and review the course - please do - i know we have far more then 15 or so golfers here in the area -

If you have played it check out this www.dgcoursereview.com and let the whole world wide web know what kind of local golf course we have here in the region

Four of the top 50 courses are within a reasonable distance; Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge, Holler in the Hills and Foundation Park.

Have you had a chance to play any courses on the list?

I've made it to those four plus Winter Park and the three Highbridge Hills courses. I was in Memphis a while back but couldn't play Bud Hill because of flooding.

LDGC Public Relations

I have had the chance to play Idlewild, Holler, and Lincoln Ridge locally - played Maple Hill last September and cashed in the open, one of the toughest courses i have ever played, played Water Works in Kansas City back in 2004 in about 3 feet of snow, and I played Diamond X in Billings, MT back in 2005 very cool desert course that plays along two mesas for two separate back 9's.

Looking to add Flyboy in the next couple weeks as a birthday present and to be my 150 course played.

As for the 2011 top courses - Hornets Nests, Cedar Hill, Golden Gate (when it was still a 9 hole), Seviren, Mt. Airy, Rogers Lakewood, Richmond Hill, and Seven Oaks.

I hope you can get down there to check it out, that'll be a great b-day present. My best chance to get to Flyboy is when I visit my friend in Huntsville which is 3 hours away. I'm going to try to get to Sandy Point in Lac Du Flambeau, WI which is 3 hours away from the in-laws place in Green Bay. Those are probably the only top courses I'll have the opportunity to add this year.

Of the 2011 top courses I've played Seviren, Idlewild, Mt. Airy, The Hill, Rogers Lakewood, Cedar Hill, Seven Oaks, and Golden Gate. I'm hoping to add Handman Ace Hardware in Dayton this year.

I have played Flyboy, Holler, Foundation, Severin Lang, Cedar Hill and Seven Oaks. I need to get to the Cincy area soon.

Overall from the 2011 list I've enjoyed Blue Ribbon Pines, Idlewild, Steady Ed, Cedar Hill, Nevin, Severin, Mt. Airy, Richmond, Seven Oaks, Handyman Ace, and The Sinks. Only BRP and the Ed weren't played last year, and bad timing/injury kept me from playing Kensington Black Locust and Hornet's Nest. Got Flyboy on the schedule as well as possibly JP Moseley and East Roswell. Looking at getting to Indy and north after that for Lakewood, Camp Cullom, and whatever else is good if the weather cooperates.

Adam, you won't be disappointed with Handyman Ace. That place is awesome and well worth the time.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Wyatt, be sure to read my reviews on DGCR of highly rated courses in the Indy area before you go. I don't expect you or others to agree with me, but there is some HBB going on there IMO. Brookside and Washington are both good courses despite being in rough neighborhoods.

Depends on how much time I can get there will determine which ones I first go to. Got some family there so it could go either way and have to space it out across a couple trips or I could do it all in one busy weekend.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Wyatt, be sure to read my reviews on DGCR of highly rated courses in the Indy area before you go. I don't expect you or others to agree with me, but there is some HBB going on there IMO. Brookside and Washington are both good courses despite being in rough neighborhoods.
    I've heard from others that Indy doesn't have much to choose from (and I know for a fact Bloomington doesn't,) but if you want to travel about an hour or so northeast of Indy I've heard good things about McCullough in Muncie and there's also a new course in Yorktown (just southeast of Muncie,) that's supposed to be really nice.
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

Thread Information