Thread: Building a basket

Default Building a basket

I am a competent welder and carpenter just wondering if anyone has built there own basket or thought about it i have a couple ideas on it that i wouldnt mind bouncing off someone.

I have made my own, also being a welder. I made mine out of Aluminum and used SS chains.
    It has served its purpose as being a practice basket. I also made the dimensions slightly smaller in hopes to increase accuracy.
    The only regret I had after i had finished it, is I soon found that I had forgotten to make sure all the edges were rounded and forgiving as it started to eat away at my putters when i hit a not so smooth edge.
    If you plan to make one for your own use and practice I would say use your imagination and make it unique. I would also suggest to make it easy to move around, variety of putting locations has been key to keeping my interest.
    Steve Jones
    PDGA # 39463

Built my own had pics posted on here somewhere.

found them
    http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4669
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

I found that site with the pics of all of the home made baskets and im still in the prototype phase im have started on a portable, regulation basket tig welded together with aluminum but i have another idea as a late xmas present for me and my buds. I have a lot of rough cut oak laying around i think im going to make some small indoor baskets maybe 1 1/2 feet in diamater with 6 to 8 SS chains for mini discs or indoor putting all i would have to buy would be the chains. IO have a lot of oak left over from a cabinet job ill post pics soon if Anyone would be interested in one.

Thread Information