23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Added Nine to Original

1 4.35%
  • Added 18 Hole Course

22 95.65%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetically...New Course or Added Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    One suggestion if they are on the edge about the decision, and some may not like this, but could be to raise the entrance price for disc golfers to the same price as people who want to moutain bike and do other things where I believe that raised price is $7, but I wouldn't bring it up unless the decision seems right on the edge.
    Interesting thought. I'll keep that in my back pocket.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Keep the orig and add another 9 or 18 elswhere onsite.
    YES that's the question at hand.

what 1 would you want ?
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

I would say add another 18. The plan I hear for an added 9 was to put 9 holes after 14 and before 15. This is a good idea, but I think more traffic would be generated if there were 2 different 18 hole course.
    As far as raising the entrance fee to $7.00, I think that would scare off more people than the additional $4.00 would raise. this could also impede the future growth of our sport. If there is a hedge point about cost of installation, I feel there are enough people here that would/could raise funds for a new course that will be here long term. Look at the fundraising efforts this club puts together for the CVO that is gone after one weekend.
    I think it is great that we are able to have this conversation.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I would say add another 18. The plan I hear for an added 9 was to put 9 holes after 14 and before 15. This is a good idea, but I think more traffic would be generated if there were 2 different 18 hole course.
    That's one option. I designed nine extra holes back there where you're talking about. There were some great holes but there is one MAJOR problem. My layout was NOT very Otter Creek like. It was BEASTLY! It was a STRONG contrast to the existing course.

Another option is to add the nine holes that we use for the Fall Open. This nine hole option makes more sense that the nine that I designed between 14 and 15.

Although the results are overwhelmingly in favor of a new 18 hole course, in fact as of writing this its 17 to 0, if they could only afford to add an extra nine I think it should be what was used for the fall open. Those were some fun holes that seemed to play well to the existing layout.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    YES that's the question at hand.

what 1 would you want ?

I guess you didn't understand my answer so I will be more specific now. I think the orig 18 should be seperate because it has alot of history. I would love to see another 18 hole course onsite but would settle for 9 as long as its a good layout if money is a concern.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

A new 18 would be awesome, and I'd be down for paying a little extra to get in $5 sounds very reasonable for all. What is it currently $3?

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    a new 18 would be awesome, and i'd be down for paying a little extra to get in $5 sounds very reasonable for all. What is it currently $3?
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

Yup...currently $3.

It's looking like the added nine may be a strong possiblity. I'm still holding out for 18 though.

LDGC Public Relations

I think the adding the 9 holes that we use during tournaments should be the first addition to disc golf at otter creek. Adding these holes helps to bring the game more into visibility with the public and could greatly benefit the course and the park. During the Fall Open we had horseback riders, bikers, hikers, and cubscouts who all got to see alot of golfers utilizing the course. The current 18 is out of the public eye, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if many users of the park dont even know that disc golf exists there.

As disc golfers most of have tunnel vision and we find it hard to believe that those who dont play the sport dont know about it. I think adding these holes might help spread the word of the games existence.

I also suspect getting these holes in will be far less time consuming then the design and construction of 18 new holes. Hopefully down the road maybe a new 18 could still be a possibility. Imagine a fantastic 27 hole beginner friendly course and a 18 hole championship caliber course on the same property.

Thread Information