Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gloves?

Hybrid View

Default gloves?

I have only seen one person throw a disc with gloves on and with the weather outside getting colder i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions also it might stop the cuts and tears on my fingers from the discs ripping out of my hand. if you know of any gloves that are cohesive with discing let me know.

Just the regular, brown jersey gloves are the typical ones I've seen used. Just keeping your hands warm is a help though. In extreme conditoins I've just worn my snowboarding mittens and slipped them off when it was time to throw and slipped them back on after throwing. They're good for 50 degree below zero so my hands usually end up sweating.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I don't try to take my game too seriously in the winter due to all of the changes such as coats, pants, gloves, etc, so I just wear gloves that feel like they have a decent grip to me. I lose some distance, but again, that's a given with all of the extra apparrel.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

I use a pair of ball golf winter gloves. Grip is fantastic. Check them out here.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

I have been known to where a pair of tight work gloves with the rubber palms. Doesn't affect my sidearm much, but if I'm going to throw backhand I take it off.

You can buy these gloves anywhere for like $5.

I have yet to find a glove that doesnt get in the way while throwing. I have two pairs that I will wear in the winter depending on how cold it is but only on my offhand. I keep the other one in my bag and use handwarmers. This setup works fine for me and I have played rounds below zero and had no issues. In general you can get handwarmers pretty cheap in bulk.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Buffalo Chip

May I just recommend hot hands in your coat pocket if your that serious. Winter as mentioned previously good time a year to practice

I use baseball golves. They work great. They only difference that I have noticed is I am actually able to get a little more spin on the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyscomputery View Post
    I use baseball golves. They work great. They only difference that I have noticed is I am actually able to get a little more spin on the disc.
    Do you leave your index finger outside of the glove? Good way to prevent OAT.
    mlb.jpg
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Do you leave your index finger outside of the glove? Good way to prevent OAT.
    mlb.jpg
    ROFL I guess I should have mentioned batting gloves

Thread Information