Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CV Hole 18?

Default CV Hole 18?

Hello, I am new to this forum as this is my first post, and i hate to start out complaining but does anyone else dislike the layout of hole 18 at vettiner? the distance is completly fine but i don't understand why it doubles back on itself. Apparently i am not alone a few pros reviewed the course after the CV open and the only gripes they had was the teepad on 12, (I dont have a problem with this the designer worked with the materials at hand) and the layout of #18. Again i dont mean to be complaining, just curious, i live up the street and play there a couple times a week.

I've always liked it. I think it's a unique finishing hole and a bit of a signature to the course. It could have probably been broken up into two holes but then neither would be as memorable.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

One time the designer of the course was telling me about that hole and he said its design to be difficult and mentally strenuous hole. He didn't want anyone to think, this is the last hole so it should be a walk in the park. Personally, I like it because every time I play it, I do it slightly differently trying to get better at it and eventually get a three (never personally done in singles) on it. I wouldn't even put it in the top ten hardest holes I've come across.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

Hole 18 is the best hole on the course. From design and challenge it doesn't get much
    better and harder than this.

By the way. Welcome to the forum and to disc golf. Enjoy the game.

I will say that 18 is a great finishing hole, but the best hole on the course is 8.

Welcome to the forum!

I like hole 18 but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm not sure how long you've been playing, but CV is a tough course so I can understand why new or less experienced players not liking some things about it, mostly related to difficulty.

Holes like 18 at CV are great because it's a tough multi-shot hole that makes you think about placement and has good risk/reward.

Of all the courses I've played, CV has some of the toughest finishing holes with 16, 17 & 18. But that's part of what makes it a good championship caliber course.
    Last edited by Adam; 11-17-2011 at 11:36 PM.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I like hole 18 but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm not sure how long you've been playing, but CV is a tough course so I can understand why new or less experienced players not liking some things about it, mostly related to difficulty.

Holes like 18 at CV are great because it's a tough multi-shot hole that makes you think about placement and has good risk/reward.

Of all the courses I've played, CV has some of the toughest finishing holes with 16, 17 & 18. But that's part of what makes it a good championship caliber course.
    I agree with adam, this hole challenges everybody, even top pros. I've come close only a handfull of times to having my 3 on it, but 4 is still the best I've taken...your drive on this hole is what's going to set you up on this hole. it's your make or break. as much as i may say " i hate this f'n hole" I still love to play it. kind of a catch 22...I want that three!
    I leave it all to the flying Pig....
    Dave Bustetter

ill agree with you all there vettiner is a very challenging course and i prefer it over a more open course like iroquois, it just seemed like they just threw ttogether 18. btw prolly shoulld start a new thread but anybody played Harry Hill yet. Im new to the area not to discing im used to cinci/dayton area there are 50 courses within 50 miles i was spoiled

LDGC Public Relations

Harry hill chat:
    http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/...splay.php?f=59

You came from a great land of golf

18 plays tough for all skill levels, bigarms with accuracy can reach 18 in 2
    Carding a 3 is considered an eagle
    Many rds can be won or lost on that hole alone

16, 17, and 18 play in my opinion as the 3 toughest finishing holes in comparison with the rest of the course - anywhere

Welcome to the Ville and the site! Although I cuss 18 alot I do like it due to reasons already stated. You gotta love taking the tee box in an event on eighteen when you took a six! I played Monday during the wind and was pleased with my drives on 18. I was throwing three and around both corners already but screwed up the putting. I ended up two putting and walking away with a five from the am pad.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Thread Information