Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Course Open

Hybrid View

Default Course Open

Is the course open for play, I'm thinking about playing there tomorrow but don't want to drive all the way to be disappointed. TY

You know what i just might do the same IF 100% playable

The course is typically playable year round, even when the gates are closed during the winter months, you can park at the back of the target parking lot and start on #5. I've never had any issues playing the course even when the park is otherwise closed. However, there is a TON of construction going on at the park right now and i would not recommend driving down to play the course. The front nine is fine, but most of the back nine is tore up from the construction. It is my understanding that construction will not be complete until spring of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tamahawk0 View Post
    The course is typically playable year round, even when the gates are closed during the winter months, you can park at the back of the target parking lot and start on #5. I've never had any issues playing the course even when the park is otherwise closed. However, there is a TON of construction going on at the park right now and i would not recommend driving down to play the course. The front nine is fine, but most of the back nine is tore up from the construction. It is my understanding that construction will not be complete until spring of next year.
    Thanks I'll just check out Radcliff/Muldraugh instead.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Thanks I'll just check out Radcliff/Muldraugh instead.
    These two courses always make for a good day of disc golf!, if someone is looking to check out some new courses, these are the two i would recommed. If he hasn't played Freeman yet, i would wait until the course is in better shape, it would leave a much better impression.

What's the latest news on this course as of June 2012 ?

I'm going to be at the park all day this Saturday for a car show & figured while the car sits at the show i go play me a round of disc golf.

THANKS Mike
    PDGA # 50 7 25 currently rated 858

yep i'm out then Scotty don't forget O.C. is open

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    yep i'm out then Scotty don't forget O.C. is open
    Playing with one of my buddies and he's play OC, he's wanting to check out some new courses.

I played Freeman on Tuesday. There is one hole that is not playable. That is hole 13 (the one before the silo) that basket has been removed and will most likely be placed in another (similar) position after the construction is finished.
    If you guys come down this way, let me know, I am only a few minutes from Freeman.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

I don't know the current status and hopefully someone who does will chime in. If not it sounds like we will get an update from you since you will be there anyway.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Thread Information